Network rendering stopped working?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Bosseye

Network rendering stopped working?

Post by Bosseye » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 am

Ok, using a full licenced copy of SKIndigo I have a colleagues work PC set as a slave, mine as the master. All has been working fine network rendering for a couple of weeks, until the other day when the slave PC throws up this message (Note I have removed all reference to the licensing):

Connected to master.
Received render resolution: 1916 x 887.
Received super-sample factor: 2.
Scene already present on slave.
Indigo Renderer v2.0.12, Windows 32-bit Release build.
Licence verified, licence type: Indigo 2.x Node, licensed to REMOVED!
Scene file path: 'C:\Users\mclarke\AppData\Roaming\Indigo Renderer\cache/network_cache/1735309931\scene.igs'
IndigoDriverExcep: SceneLoaderExcep: Error while parsing DiffuseTransmitter material: ComplexIORExcep: ComplexIORDataSetExcep: Failed to open file 'D:\ALAN - SKETCHUP\Sketchup Model files\IGS Scene - IGI Image files/TX_101 Victoria St, 6th Floor - SUN/fesi2el2.nk' for reading. (In element 'phong', around line 239, column 9) Connection to master terminated.

Essentially I click the network rendering button, the slave PC shows up in the connected clients box, then disappears - then reappears, then disappears etc as it tries to connect and fails every time.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Its strange that it was all working fine but now won't, even for re rendering scenes that previously network rendered with no problems. I thought it might be a rogue material with the line about the diffuse transmitter, but generally I'm only using the material presets for indigo and like I say its happening on scenes that previously rendered fine over the network.

I have emailed Indigo support but no reply as yet.....nudge nudge :wink:

Cheers guys
Al

wojtek-w

Re: Network rendering stopped working?

Post by wojtek-w » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 am

Hi,
I've noticed same problem once. I don't know the reason, but surely it happens when you try to render something previously beeing rendered. Maybe it's non-professional method but try to delete scene from the slave (path is given in your report), and then run the slave mode. This way slave computer wil have to transfer all necessery info from master again and whatever is missing should be there.... good luck
wojtek

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:23 am

Hi there - a good thought thanks. Have just tried this now, but we're getting the same issue.

The problem appears to be the slave machine accessing/finding that specific texture/file on the master machine. However the guy running the slave has full admin access to all drives on all machines.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:22 am

Could be all the spaces and dashes or the long file path. Try moving that one file to simpler path, such as D:/fesi2el2.nk or something without spaces and dashes.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:22 am

What version of SkIndigo are you using? The latest version may have fixed this problem.
http://www.indigorenderer.com/documentation/sketchup

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Whaat, we're using version 2.0.12, so an older version. If I download v2.2.12 is there anything I need to know regarding licencing? Will it all update itself when I run setup on the latest version, or will I have to go through the licencing procedure again with the same licence key?

Cheers

fenerolina

Post by fenerolina » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 pm

You won't have any problems. Update it!

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:51 am

Ok, updated, that seems to have semi fixed the problem - new files can now network render, but some of the older ones still chuck up the same error - not a big deal though as they're already done :)

Thanks for the help chaps. Also liking the ability to zoom and the chunky status buttons on the new version!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:03 am

Yes, you will have to re-export any of the files that do not work using the new version of SkIndigo.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1