Error trying to save rendered image

Come here for help & support.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
EDS

Error trying to save rendered image

Post by EDS » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi,
I've been having problems saving my rendered images. I keep getting an error saying that the image file is unsupported.
has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for any help!

Soup

Re: Error trying to save rendered image

Post by Soup » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:17 pm

In the file name make sure there isn't any file extension (ie: .jpg) after it, and just choose something from the drop down like .PNG

If that doesn't work, could you post a screenshot? cheers

wojtek-w

Post by wojtek-w » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi,
I didn't notice problem mentionen by EDS, there is some issue with saving though.
When i save render as f.e. 'scene.igi' and then try to save also 'scene.jpg' i got overwriting warning. It works only when i change one of the name to f.e. 'scene1' or change destination folder of one of above files. In other words there's no possibility to save two or more files with the same name and different extensions.
I use indigo 2.2.12 win32

EDS

Post by EDS » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:59 am

Hi Soup,

I gave your suggestion a try, but it gave me the same error. I've attached an image to show you what it looks like.
Attachments
Indigo Error.jpg
Indigo Error.jpg (239.43 KiB) Viewed 2747 times

Soup

Post by Soup » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 am

wojtek-w wrote: When i save render as f.e. 'scene.igi' and then try to save also 'scene.jpg' i got overwriting warning. It works only when i change one of the name to f.e. 'scene1' or change destination folder of one of above files. In other words there's no possibility to save two or more files with the same name and different extensions.
I use indigo 2.2.12 win32
There's a small bug in the gui that will be fixed shortly.
See the attached image:
1. Saving as IGI
2. after saving as IGI the file extension remains, even if changing extension to .jpg

To fix this just delete the file extension and use the drop-down to select a new one.

As for EDS' problem, that is definitely weird. Try re-installing Indigo 2.2, but let us know if that doesn't work because the Indigo install should have all the image formats with it. What format are you trying to save as? jpg? png? etc
Attachments
saving.jpg
saving.jpg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 2706 times

Soup

Post by Soup » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 am

Hey EDS,
just had a talk with Ono, try to export your scene somewhere, and open up Indigo 'manually' (ie: start > programs > Indigo Renderer) and load the scene that way. That might work and let you save an image.

wojtek-w

Post by wojtek-w » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Soup wrote: To fix this just delete the file extension and use the drop-down to select a new one.
thx! Your tip to do it manually works, although in my case situation is a little bit diffrent.
1. I enter file name without an extention in save dialog box and i chose igi from the drop down menu. file is saved as igi.
2. When i re-open save dialog box, the filename remains without extention and whateveer extention i chose from the dropdown menu program tries to save file as igi (or generaly with extension chosen previously). when i add manually extention to the file name everything works.

I mentioned that so you have correct data to fix this bug.

thx for your work. Indigo rocks anyway :D

edit: I've just realised that the bug may be exact as You said and I just can't see extention because of windows "hide known extention" option....

EDS

Post by EDS » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:15 am

Hey Soup,

I found that the images were being saved automatically in the render folder of Indigo. I was able to get the most updated w/o having to go through the 'save file' button.

I will give ur suggestion a try next time. Or I will try to reinstall everything, sketchup & indigo.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Soup

Post by Soup » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:31 am

Indigo makes a backup every so often, so it might not be quite the most recent. It's best to use the save image button, and it should work :oops:

9 posts • Page 1 of 1