BUG?] skindigo blockinkg of skp file

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
wojtek-w

BUG?] skindigo blockinkg of skp file

Post by wojtek-w » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Hello, i'm not sure is it common issue, but when i export and start render scene, then stop render and close indigo (to change model and/or materials) and cklick "save" in SU after that, changes are wrriten to backup (skb) file (there's no error writing message). I mean skindigo/indigo see changes as long as skp file is open. When i close and re-open SU the geometry and or materials made or change after skindikgo start are gone. It is still possible to restore them from skb file but it's not the point, is it? When i first time noticed that something was missing in my model, i looked to my folder and noticed about fourty skb files... it's probably number of restarts of indigo within this model every time new skb file.. Is something wrong only on my computer or is it a bug?

Whaat
Developer

Re: BUG?] skindigo blockinkg of skp file

Post by Whaat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi,

I have experienced this issue as well but only with Windows XP. Are you using Windows XP?

The issue seems to have started ever since I stopped launching Indigo using a batch file. I am not sure what is the cause but I will try to fix it soon. Also, what version of SketchUp are you using? I experienced it using version 6.

wojtek-w

Post by wojtek-w » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi,
yes i'm running on win xp (home edition with sp3). My SU version is 7.1.4871
thanks

And one more thing. A number of created skb files is not a number of indigo restarts, as i wrote recently. Is the number of use "save" button on SU UI, after first Indigo start

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:26 pm

i can confirm this is not isolated to windows xp. im on windows 7 and was experiencing this. I never assumed it was related to indigo though. i believe the issue to be resolved with the latest sketchup release. on a fresh install now and so i havent seen it happen yet. i'll leave a note if i see it again.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:30 pm

cpfresh wrote:i can confirm this is not isolated to windows xp. im on windows 7 and was experiencing this. I never assumed it was related to indigo though. i believe the issue to be resolved with the latest sketchup release.
If this all is related about the creation of annoying 0.skb files after saving, I experience this too. SO tedious! I was sure it was something concerning Sketchup, not Indigo, like CPfresh. Here running on win XP, SketchUp 7.1

remus
Indigo 100

Post by remus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Ive experienced this as well, windows vista and 7 and version 7.1 of sketchup (i think.)

wojtek-w

Post by wojtek-w » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:35 am

Pibuz wrote:I was sure it was something concerning Sketchup, not Indigo, like CPfresh.
Well, i'm not an expert and rather newbie in Indigo, but i use SU since 4.0 and this is new problem for me. So or it's a SU 7.1 issue or indigo's (i've installed them at the same time) or just they don't fully understand each other.

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:38 am

i have the same problem too. and, when i close the sketchup scene while rendering, and open it again while still rendering, it asks me if i want to open as read only because it is "used in another application"

i am running on vista integral. i don t hhink it is just related to xp then. but yes it is sved in a SKB names 0.SKB, then adding more and more 1;skb, 2.skb etc until i stop the render :?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 am

this bug should now be fixed in SkIndigo 2.2.9. (I forgot test on Mac, though :oops: ) Please update your SkIndigo right away. (See SketchUp forum)

9 posts • Page 1 of 1