Simple Renderings Thread

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Godzilla
Indigo 100

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by Godzilla » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:59 am

psor wrote:@neo0

This belongs into another topic and not into this one. Here should simple but finished renderings
find their way into the public and not work in progress nor "I do have a problem" pictures. :twisted:

take care
psor
This thread should be in 'Finished Projects' section, not the WIP section.
samlavoie.xyz

matsta

Post by matsta » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:25 am

You may want to crop out your taskbar in future man. Unless you want the world to see that you watch "Girls fun..." and "Have sex with..." . Im starting to get quite a good picture of the kind of person you are, i have a pin up board dedicated to you at home. Such a stalker.

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:34 am

matsta wrote:You may want to crop out your taskbar in future man. Unless you want the world to see that you watch "Girls fun..." and "Have sex with..."

LOL. :lol:
samlavoie.xyz

Silmä
2nd Place Winner

Post by Silmä » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:42 am

The funny thing is, that the "have sex with..." seems to be a SketchUp-file, and judging by the filename of Neo0:s last picture, the "3-girls fun" folder might also be something more innocent than the name suggests.

Of course I might be wrong...

ps. alt+print screen takes screenshot of only the active window, so no need for cropping.

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:14 am

Neo0 is know'n for he's wierd names, among other things that i dont want to mention :P
And the "have sex with..." is a sketch up file, and the other thing is a folder altough we dont know what it contains :roll:

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:22 am

Guys - maybe lay off Neo?

Hes posting simple renders, for him anyway :wink: , in the simple render thread. :twisted: . Kinda makes sense?

I know that technically hes wrong and should be posting it in the 'Works In Progress' but this thread is hardly sancrosanct is it?

besides how wrong can a render be that has a reference to Halo in it eh? :wink:

Maybe we could all be a bit nicer in future? :D

and now onto solve world peace........
Doug

Doug Armand

psor
1st Place Winner

Post by psor » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
"The sleeper must awaken"

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:14 am

psor wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
?

and for emphasis :?:
Doug

Doug Armand

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:23 am

Thank you... finally.. Look im sorry about the multiple copies, but I was just trying to show how long my render had been doing it's thing for.

Matsta, Stromberg, etc. You'll be glad to know that I have now edited the file to protect you. My apologies if you were offended. In fact, it was kind of a test. I thought you'd just be interested in the render, and thus you wouldn't notice anything besides it. I guess I was wrong.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the SKP name and the folder name are just jokes.

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:35 am

neo0. wrote:
Thank you... finally.. Look im sorry about the multiple copies, but I was just trying to show how long my render had been doing it's thing for.
In future Neo maybe post your test images in 'Works in Progress' forum ?.

Also you can edit any of your own posts and update/reload the image you posted by basicallly editing your original post and uploading the updated version.

You can tell forum users of any updates in render time. etc by changing the 'File Comment' box of any image you re-upload.This will save you having multiple posts on the same image.

It's also good forum ettiquette.

btw I admire your good nature and stubborness - most would have move on by now :-)
Doug

Doug Armand

hstokholm

Post by hstokholm » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:04 am

A shot of my card holder.. Pretty basic model and materials from the database..
Attachments
kortholder.png
kortholder.png (458.19 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
Like a jigsaw piece without a puzzle

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:43 am

Sleek :)
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Doug Armand wrote:btw I admire your good nature and stubborness - most would have move on by now :-)
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson 1841

Doug, it ceases being cute after about the hundredth instance of practised ignorance. Those who chide ne0 for has repeated displays of said ignorance do so for good reason and I do not see that encouraging it is in any way constructive as ne0 is not a child that needs to be guided he is an adult that needs to wake up and engage his brain.

I can only speak for myself but I would wager that those that repeatedly remind ne0 of his persistent erroneous behaviour do not dislike the man, rather they find the man's behaviour embarrassing and would simply desire that ne0 learn from his mistakes.
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:44 pm

WytRaven wrote:
Doug Armand wrote:btw I admire your good nature and stubborness - most would have move on by now :-)
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson 1841

Doug, it ceases being cute after about the hundredth instance of practised ignorance. Those who chide ne0 for has repeated displays of said ignorance do so for good reason and I do not see that encouraging it is in any way constructive as ne0 is not a child that needs to be guided he is an adult that needs to wake up and engage his brain.

I can only speak for myself but I would wager that those that repeatedly remind ne0 of his persistent erroneous behaviour do not dislike the man, rather they find the man's behaviour embarrassing and would simply desire that ne0 learn from his mistakes.
Dude.. honestly.. you should really take a look at what went on here..
1. People didn't believe that my render was really 100 or 200 spp so, I posted a picture to confirm what I was saying. No problem with that, right?

2. And then for the rest of the time, it was something that didn't even have anything to do with my render at all, but a the name of a folder in the taskbar. Call me an ego maniac, but I would say that that that doesn't exactly reflect poorly on me.

I hope this puts Doug's post in perspective..

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:50 pm

neo0. wrote:but a the name of a folder in the taskbar. Call me an ego maniac, but I would say that that that doesn't exactly reflect poorly on me.

samlavoie.xyz

4421 posts