About 10 Indigo lifetime licences left

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
psor
1st Place Winner

Re: About 10 Indigo lifetime licences left

Post by psor » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:27 pm

A road map would be nice at some point. This would make a difference. ;o))

take care
psor

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:12 pm

WytRaven wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Just a random thing, but in my opinion you guys shouldn't raise the price very much (or at all), when the Lifetime licenses are sold out. Right now, one of Indigo's major selling points (if not it's biggest) is the low price compared to other unbiased renderers.
I'm inclined to agree with that notion. Doubling the price and reducing the license to a single major version cycle at the same time is going to take indigo from uber-attractive to just-another-expensive-unbiased-render-engine.

Sticking with the same price point but switching from lifetime to single cycle just makes good sense I think.

...all personal opinion of course, I'm no business guru by any means.
+1!

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:52 pm

I see the front page stills says 20 licenses. Ben, I hope you realise that if you receive any orders while the home page is still saying that amount that you will obliged to provide a lifetime license regardless of whether the magic 100 have been sold or not.

everwind
Indigo 100

Post by everwind » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi, I got a question about the licenses

I think I'm going to buy one fulltime but I would like to know how the license works :

I work on 4 differents computers (in 3 different places), and also have 2 other computers. I would like to know if I could install indigo on every computer (the 4 as master, the 2 other as nodes), or if I could only install it on one computer ? Because I only work in one computer at the same time.

in other term, is it like an OEM license or not ?

Congratulation for your great work (and please excuse my mistakes in english xD).

Everwind

dmn
3rd Place Winner

Post by dmn » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:49 pm

would be nice to know what the upgrade price will be for those who have the non-lifetime?

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:04 pm

everwind wrote:Hi, I got a question about the licenses

I think I'm going to buy one fulltime but I would like to know how the license works :

I work on 4 differents computers (in 3 different places), and also have 2 other computers. I would like to know if I could install indigo on every computer (the 4 as master, the 2 other as nodes), or if I could only install it on one computer ? Because I only work in one computer at the same time.

in other term, is it like an OEM license or not ?

Congratulation for your great work (and please excuse my mistakes in english xD).

Everwind
Hi Everwind, currently, one licence only works for one computer.
We're looking at solutions for this problem, such as a concurrent licensing system, or a discounted rate for a second location. The current situation is one licence per computer, however.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:05 pm

dmn wrote:would be nice to know what the upgrade price will be for those who have the non-lifetime?
Hi Dmn, it's not decided yet, but it will probably be something like 1/3rd of the full price. Also bear in mind that the current price of 295 Euros is a discount from the full final price.

Russdigo

Post by Russdigo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Is it not possible to do what Zbrush does. I have a copy of Zbrush and I can move it where I want but only one will work at once as the software checks via the net.

This is great as I have 3 computers, to desktops and a laptop. Sometimes I would like my laptop or 2nd desktop to be the master so I can carry on rendering even if I need my main computer for a job (meaning I can turn off the main computer as a slave for as long as I need).

plaurits
Indigo 100

Post by plaurits » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Russdigo wrote:Is it not possible to do what Zbrush does. I have a copy of Zbrush and I can move it where I want but only one will work at once as the software checks via the net.
Then what happens if your computer is not connected to the internet?

Russdigo

Post by Russdigo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 pm

plaurits wrote:
Russdigo wrote:Is it not possible to do what Zbrush does. I have a copy of Zbrush and I can move it where I want but only one will work at once as the software checks via the net.
Then what happens if your computer is not connected to the internet?
Then that computer is fixed with Zbrush. You can't move it till you reconnect to the net but you'll still be able to use it on that computer.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:24 am

As a rule, I never connect my work machine to the internet in order to keep it somewhat isolated from any trouble. If, say, I finally got a new laptop so I can do work elsewhere and still had my machine, that kind of licensing would be very inconvenient. If anything, a hardware dongle would be a way to control it, though reduced licenses would also work for multiple machines.

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:23 pm

This is great as I have 3 computers, to desktops and a laptop. Sometimes I would like my laptop or 2nd desktop to be the master so I can carry on rendering even if I need my main computer for a job (meaning I can turn off the main computer as a slave for as long as I need).

Would be very nice, as I am planning on purchasing a separate computer for rendering (Not a slave renderer, just a totally different, independent computer)

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:29 pm

Godzilla wrote:

Would be very nice, as I am planning on purchasing a separate computer for rendering (Not a slave renderer, just a totally different, independent computer)
+1 I'm realy interested by this too, and maybe a tut to explain how to render via internet. I tried hamachi but I give it up...

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Jambert wrote:+1 I'm realy interested by this too, and maybe a tut to explain how to render via internet. I tried hamachi but I give it up...
You simply have to set the master IP for the slave while starting the slave.... Indigo don't wath through all the possible IPs to connect to a master! I use this:

Code: Select all

START /B /BELOWNORMAL indigo.exe  -n s -h 5.127.XXX.XXX:7100 -frame_upload_period 180
Try to keep scene size small and also the GIGI that get transfered from the slave with the computed samples (means the smaller the resolution the faster, try to avoid Super Sampling!)

have fun :)

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:20 pm

ZomB wrote:
Jambert wrote:+1 I'm realy interested by this too, and maybe a tut to explain how to render via internet. I tried hamachi but I give it up...
You simply have to set the master IP for the slave while starting the slave.... Indigo don't wath through all the possible IPs to connect to a master! I use this:

Code: Select all

START /B /BELOWNORMAL indigo.exe  -n s -h 5.127.XXX.XXX:7100 -frame_upload_period 180
Try to keep scene size small and also the GIGI that get transfered from the slave with the computed samples (means the smaller the resolution the faster, try to avoid Super Sampling!)

have fun :)
Thx, but I think error occured because of win7 permission

edit: network settings should be present in indigo UI, command line sounds complicated for most users. Maybe it could have a tool box for network settings,choose master / slave, connect to ip, choose num threads in indigo and not at export... to make network rendering more user friendly

37 posts