Wishlist

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Wishlist

Post by Pibuz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:08 pm

cpfresh wrote: Would it be possible to get the NK data paths exported relative instead of absolute.
Sean
+1!!!

remus
Indigo 100

Post by remus » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 pm

It would be cool if skindigo could work out the motion blur for sketchy physics animations and apply it automatically.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:24 am

Pibuz wrote:
cpfresh wrote: Would it be possible to get the NK data paths exported relative instead of absolute.
Sean
+1!!!
Is this only a problem for network rendering?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:34 am

I found the "problem" when trying to render in linux64 bits a scene exported within Win32 bits.
The Nk data files were not exported, or something.

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 am

Whaat wrote:Is this only a problem for network rendering?
It looks like it, rendering with just the master works fine. It isn't until you go to do a network render when this issue appears. It looks like everything is setup correctly just that the path to the NK data in the material settings in the igs is pointing at the local copy instead of the packed copy that is sent with the scene.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:04 am

Some minor wishes:
1. Default tonemapping set to CAMERA
2. Default option leaves IGI unchecked
3. Default save period 60
4. Default white point set to D65
These are the default options I usually change manually when I start to render a new scene.
So probably those are just my defaults, but I find them pretty fine, so I suggest them, that's all.

5. Shutter speed max limit set to 2000/2500
6. (perhaps already pointed out, don't remember) Light layers' name customizable.
These two are possible implementations. Point 5 is needed in particular when dealing with large apertures, so a lot of light enters the camera.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:22 am

@Pibuz:

While I do agree with some of your suggested defaults, here is suggestion to fix the problem of always changing your rendering settings:

1) Open a blank SKP file with no geometry,components, or materials.
2) Set all your render settings to your own personal defaults.
3) Save this SKP to the templates directory.and then make it the default template. In SU6 you have to go to Window->Preferences
4) Now each time you create a new scene your custom defaults will already be set.
5) If you want to render a scene you have created previously using your custom defaults, one option is to use the Components Window to import the SKP as a component into a new blank scene.

Make sense? or is this not practical?

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:25 am

Whaat wrote:@Pibuz:

While I do agree with some of your suggested defaults, here is suggestion to fix the problem of always changing your rendering settings:

1) Open a blank SKP file with no geometry,components, or materials.
2) Set all your render settings to your own personal defaults.
3) Save this SKP to the templates directory.and then make it the default template. In SU6 you have to go to Window->Preferences
4) Now each time you create a new scene your custom defaults will already be set.
5) If you want to render a scene you have created previously using your custom defaults, one option is to use the Components Window to import the SKP as a component into a new blank scene.

Make sense? or is this not practical?

Uhhh....very nice Whaat!!! Now it's perfect :D

Thank you!!!

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:55 pm

sounds like this would work. i tried something similar not too long ago and windows 7 gave me nothing but grief (permissions.) personally i find it easier to just change the settings file.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks Whaat: I'm going to try that out.
I'll let you know!

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Are there plans to make skindigo remember render settings? Would this be something that's possible?

EDIT : A "focus on selected object" feature would be great. It wouldn't necessarily be a replacement for "select focal point", just another option. :)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:55 pm

neo0. wrote: [*]The ability to clone materials.
You can already clone a material (including all Indigo settings) by selecting the materal and then clicking the 'Create Material...' button. However, if you are meaning the ability to copy the settings of an existing material onto another existing material, then you have a valid request :)

archigrafix

Post by archigrafix » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:36 pm

I would ask for two important things, but perhaps it exists and I dont know about :)
: noise and all procedural maps within Skindigo UI, and possibility to use Sun and HDR image at the same time. Sun for...sun, and HDR as sky and it would make usefull having sun and sky on two light layers...
2 very important wish that will boost the indigo use...
I could also ask for PNG tranprencie support..! and edge beveling at material level...

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 pm

How could i have forgotten my most important wish.. The ability to render background images! :)

remus
Indigo 100

Post by remus » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

When you say 'background images' do you mean watermarks (as theyre called in sketchup) or good old fashioned imported images?

if the former, it could be a little tricky as you cant access watermarks using the sketchup API and if the latter, you just need to right click->explode.

219 posts