Problem With indigo Buttons & GUI

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
164lndj

Problem With indigo Buttons & GUI

Post by 164lndj » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:28 am

Hi Guy's

Well I Have a WEIRD Problem:

When I Go to; Render ----->Render With Indigo , Indigo opens obviusly :roll: But it's Open a little in a strange mode , I cant see The buttons and the Desplegable List Only "plain text"

But Sometimes when i pass the cursor over that window , some buttons and desplegable list are visible again

i have reinstalled & reinstalled & reinstalled again[Blender & Indigo & blendigo , with a CCleaner pass To clean all Posible Errors] & again and this thing stay happening

I Have blendigo V 2.0.9
Indigo 2.0.8
Python 2.6.2

And this thing ocurrs with ALL Kind of scene , so i think that's not a problem of blender

Sorry for my litlle newbie english XD but i'm mexican 8)

Peace !! :D

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Re: Problem With indigo Buttons & GUI

Post by WytRaven » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:33 am

I had that same problem when using Blender/blendigo on windows....got an ATI Radeon X1900XTX by any chance? I always figured it was an opengl driver issue... Do the buttons repaint when your moues is passed over them?
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:37 am

I had that, the only way to "fix" it for me was to save my file, close & restart blender.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

164lndj

Post by 164lndj » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:27 am

@WytRaven; I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series 256 MB "integrated Motherboard" And Yap Sometimes they redrawn , or sometimes the letter's stack up ,

@BorgLeader, Yap It works........momentarily But It Return's!!! :lol: :roll: i'm a completly NOOB with blendigo with this ting ..... :lol: :lol:

Wich Video Card u Have?

Thank's For answer's

Peace :)

OffTopic, Anyone of you have a GOOD Tuto to use the database material's ??? :oops:

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:19 am

WytRaven wrote:I had that same problem when using Blender/blendigo on windows....got an ATI Radeon X1900XTX by any chance? I always figured it was an opengl driver issue... Do the buttons repaint when your moues is passed over them?
I'm having this problem on Radeon 4870X2, Ubuntu 9.04, Catalyst 9.6. From what I know, this might be the FSAA (full screen anti aliasing) issue.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:35 am

To use the database material do the following:
1. Download it (you knew that ...right? ;))
2. Unzip it (with whichever program you want I use 7zip). May I suggest somewhere easy to find.
3. Then set your material type to external.
4. Add in the path to the .igm file
5. To be on the safe side (not sure if it's still required but it used to be) set your BLENDER material name to the material name you'll find inside the .igm file (you can see it by opening the .igm with notepad).

Watch out though, most of the time there is only one material definition in the file but whenever it's composed of a blend there are multiple ones so be sure to pick the right one. As a reminder file name != material name. The file could be iloveindigo.igm and your material name could be borgareawesome.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Ok so so far everyone that has had the issue is using a Radeon card which reinforces my initial suspicion that it is an AMD (ATI) opengl driver issue. I'm surprised that a Linux based machine is effected too as I was thinking it may be a driver issue relating to the DirectX vs OpenGL thing in Win Vista+ (you know, DX based windowing system running OGL apps).

Thankfully the Mac Radeon driver doesn't seem to exhibit the same problem as I have a Radeon 4870 in this machine but haven't seen this issue since switching away from windows.

I know that's not great news for you guys or particularly helpful but maybe you could search around for blender/radeon driver issues and see if the wider blender community is talking about the prob? Just an idea... :(
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

164lndj

Post by 164lndj » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Borgleader wrote:To use the database material do the following:
1. Download it (you knew that ...right? ;))
2. Unzip it (with whichever program you want I use 7zip). May I suggest somewhere easy to find.
3. Then set your material type to external.
4. Add in the path to the .igm file
5. To be on the safe side (not sure if it's still required but it used to be) set your BLENDER material name to the material name you'll find inside the .igm file (you can see it by opening the .igm with notepad).

Watch out though, most of the time there is only one material definition in the file but whenever it's composed of a blend there are multiple ones so be sure to pick the right one. As a reminder file name != material name. The file could be iloveindigo.igm and your material name could be borgareawesome.
Thank u so MUCH My error was to check the "<uvset>Something...</uvset>"
And put the Uv texture the same name XD.

but thank u for answering!!! :D

I had the same problem in Opensuse 11, i dont wanna mention ubuntu 9.04 & 8.10 ...... :lol:
The GDM :? or username & password window, show it with a diferent resolution and my monitor shutdown automatically , i modifique a lot of archives and the best than reach was 1025*768 & my |@#~~#@ screen only suport's 1024 *768

Install Mac, in a intel platform it's like a suicide , all the drivers ....... I think :?
I dont say that's not possible , i have seen it , but it's a lot of work XD

8 posts • Page 1 of 1