living skindigo

Show off your final renders
Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

living skindigo

Post by Pibuz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:04 am

Hi all.
This is a very fast work, with simple setup and rendertime.
I recall someone asked me to make a simple scene available to study some settings, and so it is.
So, don't expect stunning results or anything. I've used only internal maps inside sketch to make it simple: no complex materials. I think I've used all kind of shaders: diffuse transmitter, glass, phongs, emitters etc.

I attach the final result too, a little photoshopped to show how image can change from the outbox render to a pseudo-final one.

One thing you have to change for sure is the path of metal shaders (nk): they refer to a specific folder inside Indigo root dir, so everyone has his own.

So, enjoy. Let me know of the problems.
Attachments
interior tut.rar
(5.65 MiB) Downloaded 316 times
living.jpg
living.jpg (567.64 KiB) Viewed 5429 times

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Re: living skindigo

Post by zeitmeister » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:09 am

Very nice!

jteh715g1

Post by jteh715g1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am

I agree. I would really like to be able to make something like this, but im not talented or know how to work indigo. If you dont mind, would you send me a private message explaining to me how to work it. i am using google sketchup. if not, i understand you might be buisy. that is fine, i will figure it out eventually lol.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Thank you guys! I appreciate the support! :D

jteh715g1
I wrote a FAQ about SkIndigo in which there are some important basic rules working with the sketchup exporter. I think a godd start for you would be to read them out a little and try to understand some main topics, first of all. Then come to me with questions if something is unclear.

I'm writing the second part of the FAQ at the moment: it will cover the camera settings and the scene/material adjustments, with some tutorial for to use the basic shaders and some strategies to follow in order to have a good workflow using sketch and SkIndigo.

jteh715g1

Post by jteh715g1 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:36 am

Oh thats great! Thank you.

Rafaello

Post by Rafaello » Sat May 02, 2009 6:45 am

Hi Pibuz, great work, just like the last one.
Do you ever sleep or eat or...? well, don't mind :twisted:

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sat May 02, 2009 11:30 am

Rafaello wrote:Hi Pibuz, great work, just like the last one.
Do you ever sleep or eat or...? well, don't mind :twisted:
Rafa: it all is more easy than it seems, REALLY!
It is not,you know, a GREAT scene: just something I could share, and not too easy to be silly as a tut!

Thank you for your comment, BTW: I always appreciate it :D

I actually don't eat too much at the moment, and my sleep is something like the sum of several naps. But nothing concerning THESE renders: they're only for fun and for a little portfolio, nothing more. So I do them in my spare time (read: at work). And they really don't take too much time. If you have a look there are many errors here and there: it's only that they're smartly camouflaged :D

ideas_arte

Post by ideas_arte » Tue May 19, 2009 9:06 am

Wow...! it`s great...!
Thank you very much..! :D

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Tue May 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Welcome! :D

snorky
Indigo 100

Post by snorky » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:21 pm

great scene! simple but complete!
the source file is useful... for me and for all newbie like me

grazie per aver condiviso questa succulenta scena con tutti noi schiappe!

peccato che non riesca a renderizzarla, per tre semplici motivi:
1) ho installato indigo 2.0.6 e solo dopo mi sono accorto che è diventato a pagamento..., ma non è questo il problema... è che mi da un errore sugli nk
2) dice che mancano delle texture a indigo (il che è normale, visto che stanno sul tuo pc...) e questo porta al terzo punto...
3) stranamente non ho il tempo di mettermi lì a giochicchiare col file (causa signora che nel fine settimana vuole andare sui monti a prendere il fresco)

prima o poi riuscirò a cavarci un ragno dal buco! ma non smetterò mai di ringraziarti!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:13 am

Snorky
1. To render this scene you only need the 1.1.18 version of Indigo and the 1.1.16 version of SkIndigo. Both of them are still free and they work pretty well (I suggest ALL SketchUp user to work with them, for they're updated with the major changes of the main features of Indigo and they're still free).
2. You get a nk error sice the path saved by Indigo and SkIndigo refers to a specific position on MY machine (that was actually pointed out by me in the first topic where i say [quoted] "One thing you have to change for sure is the path of metal shaders (nk): they refer to a specific folder inside Indigo root dir, so everyone has his own".
3. I think I used only "internal" textures to render this scene: the albedo map depends on the sketchup mat's texture (which is STORED inside sketchup), so there shouldn't be any problem with that, 'cos when you exchange a skp file all textures are preserved... Let me check this out. Perhaps, the only external map is the bump map of the floor...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1. per renderizzare questa scena ti basta Indigo 1.1.18 e skindigo 1.1.16. Sono entrambe gratis e funzionano benissimo (suggerisco l'uso di queste versioni a TUTTI gli utenti sketchUp dato che sono aggiornate coi cambiamenti principali di Indigo e sono le ultime versioni gratis).
2. Ti dà errore sugli .nk perche (come avevao scritto nel post) ognuno ha un percorso diverso sulla propria macchina, dipendente dalla posizione di Indigo. Controlla i materiali metallici e cambiagli il percorso e vedrai che tutto funzia
3. Pensavo di aver usato solo textures "interne" a sketchUp, così che tutti potessero renderizzare senza problemi di textures esterne. Forse mi è scappata la bumpmap del pavimento. Lasciami controllare e poi al limite o ti posto la texture o riposto la scena senza textures esterne.

Saluti alla mogliettina :D

snorky
Indigo 100

Post by snorky » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:14 pm

forse sono più scarso di quanto credessi, ma non riesco proprio a capire dove indigo salvi il percorso della bumpmap!
poi ho deciso di applicare al materiale un preset differente e così il render è partito senza problemi (a parte il fatto di evitare l'editing di tutti gli nk... spostando direttamente la cartella.. visto che usando Seven x64 pur avendo inserito il path corretto si rifiutava di partire)
ora è in rendering su un atom330, dici che fra 15/20 giorni posso fermarlo?
(segue traduzione becera... hihihih)
_________

help, I don't understand where indigo put the texture path of the bumpmap!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:28 am

Hi Snorky. Maybe you've been out for a little more than a while :wink:
In the previous versions of SkIndigo you could add a bump map only "internally", which meant that you had to create another sketch material with the bump map and then you could apply that bump map to your base material.
Now you can avoid adding almost useless materials for your additional maps, and you can directly link them to a specific folder in your hard disk (textures which are "external" to SketchUp): this to make SU files lighter.
Obviously, if a specifc mat refers to a bumpmap that's not in your pc, Indigo won't be able to render the scene correctly. This is the case of the floor mat, I think. Its bump map refers to a bump texture in my hd, but that's not present inside yours, so you won't render it correclty. Unless I give you the map and you re-specify the correct path once you have it in your hd. Got it?

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:22 am

Simple yet elegant. :) This is definitely a great example of "less is more."

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Thank you Neo0

17 posts