Jarrones

Show off your final renders
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Rafaello

Jarrones

Post by Rafaello » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:15 am

Hi everyone, I left you this render made with Cindigo1.1.18 RC4 and Indigo 1.1.18.
11 and a half hours and a little noise reduction but still very fast because the objects you see in the jars reflection are models that were rendered too.
Attachments
Jarrones.jpg
Jarrones.jpg (433.3 KiB) Viewed 2780 times

Kram1032

Re: Jarrones

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:32 am

really nice but the leftmost and the middle jar seem to have smoothing troubles...
the left on its left side (black frame where you can see edges too, so probably too lowpoly or something) and the middle one on its tip, where you have a very sharp more or less 90°-angle...
Or are those reflections?

Rafaello

Post by Rafaello » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:49 am

mmm. :( you are right with the middle and right jars there are something odd, I will check it later, the dark edge of the left jar is a reflection.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:38 am

See if you can use mesh :: max_num_subdivisions (depending on your exporter) to subsurf with Indigo, setting the value to 1 or 2 should fix most if not all issues.

One can very well send cage meshes to Indigo and render smooth objects. If your exporter enforces the use of displacement with Indigo subdivisions, point it to a tiny black texture (or any texture with <b> and <c> set to zero).

Very nice work !
Last edited by CTZn on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
obsolete asset

Conceptual Architect

Post by Conceptual Architect » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:33 am

A excepción de lo que te mencionan veo un gran trabajo Rafa, me gusta mucho, podrias comentar un poco acerca de los algoritmos de render que estas ocupando? MTL?? Pathtracing?? Saludos colega.

Nice work Rafaello.

Best Regards

Rafaello

Post by Rafaello » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:53 am

Well I checked the scene and found that jars with problem are solid modelled (download from free model page), so I have to work a little with it to smooth the neck transition and then subdivide them.

@ Conceptual Architect: Hola es bueno encontrar personas que hablen (o escriban) el español, en esta escena usé luz de sol en Indigo, mlt bidireccional, D65 de white point y Reinhard con 3.0 pre, 1.2 post y 8 burn; el piso tiene aplicado bumpmapping de 0.3 cm y la alfombra esta hecha con instancias de un modelo simple de 40X40 cm con pelo y generando planos en C4D. Deje todos los modelos de la escena para dar la sensación de haber utilizado un exr para reflejos y para saber la velocidad de Indigo con cerca de 8 millones de vértices y creo que el resultado fué muy bueno en ese sentido, gracias por el comentario y estaremos trabajando para mejorar un poco cada vez, Saludos.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1