The origins of you

Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
DaveC

The origins of you

Post by DaveC » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:47 pm

What is the origin of your name here on the indigo forums? How did you come up with it? Mine is a bit boring and incredibly obvious. My name is Dave C. My screen name is DaveC. It's like, my name, man. Tell us all about yours.
The hardest part of BEING yourself is FINDING yourself in the first place...
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:19 pm

mine's as boring as yours :wink: My Real Name is Alvaro Fernando Celis, hence, afecelis. But I used to play under the nick of "darksilence" in my Quake3 deathmatch butt-kicking days, lol. But then things started getting a bit more serious so darksilence disappeared....well...sometimes he comes out and kicks a couple of butts...hehehehheh
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

ThatDude33

Post by ThatDude33 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:19 pm

mine is TheOtherGuy33 because sometimes I just feel like the other guy, the one that doesn't usually get center stage, yet i'm always there ;)

i know, incredibly corny
Matt B. >>Maya To Indigo<<

codemonk

Post by codemonk » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:47 pm

Mine actually originates from one of my old passwords I used to use. I'd come up with phrases and leet-speakize them to use as a password and after coming up with this one I said "Damn! I wish I'd have thought of that when making my nickname!" Now I tend to use it when registering as my nick.

It's also kind of a play off of thinkgeeks "code poet" t-shirt and the term "code monkey" for someone who does alot of programing. I also would like to think myself truely deserving of being called a code monk but honestly am not nearly skilled enough in the ways of programing.

I also have had several other nicks I've gone by, ranging from the boring "rdaruszka" (from my name) to "He who must not be named" (from my harry potter days)

When gaming however I tend to be "darkmyst", "karshan" or "lazarus drake" (an anagram of my name, sometimes shortened to just "drake")

Wow, this is the longest reply so far. And if I add the clue that there is also a cult named after a french guy with the same first name as me there should be enough information here to figure out my real name as well.

atmmatt

Post by atmmatt » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:39 pm

My first name is Matt. ATM stands for (in my case) Amateur Telescope Maker. Originally on this site, I was atm-matt to show the separation. I've built an 8" newtonian on a split ring mount and now most recently built a fork mount for it. I'm currently working on a 12.5" mirror, but it's on hold while I rebuild my mirror machine to do most of the polishing work on it. When I finish the 12.5" I'm going to try and start a 4" achromat project (grinding the lenses) and put together some sort of mount for the scope. Telescope making for me is a great way to learn astronomy, physics, mechanical engineering and a whole assortment of other things. Also learning 3D CAD and 3D soft modelling has helped greatly in designing and building scopes, just saw the pieces, glue them together and everything fits. Whether it all works or not is still a slight problem...

http://www.stellafane.com/ (telescope makers in vermont usa)
"To be, or not to be" That is a question?

Maluminas

Post by Maluminas » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:25 pm

I made up this name for my first World of Warcraft character, a Night Elf druid. I wanted it to sound elvish and unique and i ended liking the sound of it very much, so now i use it almost everywhere on the internet. It has been stolen many times already by other WoW characters :evil: i hate it when people steal original names but what can we do about it... *sigh*

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:14 pm

Formerly it was UrbnCTZn, but that's a bit redundant and people could just not read it "hey man, what does rnbgnticz mean man ?"

Both urban and cityzen tells you that I'm in a city, but the later means also that I'm a watcher for our rights and for democracy. A city-zen is not just living in a place where democracy resides, he knows he is an active part of it. I'm used to say:

CTZn, inhabitant of ZnCT. My place to be.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:52 pm

Zom-B was my first ever Screen Name...
perhaps 10 years ago...

I was listening to Death & Black Metal in this time,
so my Nickname should reflect this somehow :?

Zombie is to simple, so I changed it the way you speak it,
just like CTZn *lol, now I understand your name*
polygonmanufaktur.de

manitwo

Post by manitwo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:00 pm

Manitou was my code-name in the kindergarden :D (we were little secret-agents there :lol: )
First time i used this name was to register an GMX-account many years ago.
manitou(at)gmx.net was forgiven so i used manitwo(at)gmx.net
Btw: My real name is Manuel
codemonk wrote:"He who must not be named" (from my harry potter days)
:lol: LOL

PS: Ono, i always wondered where your name come from?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:07 pm

manitwo wrote:PS: Ono, i always wondered where your name come from?
The Ono Sendai was the brand of some kind of über Computer(Deck) in Cyberpunk Novels of William Gibson...

... as far as I can remeber :wink:
polygonmanufaktur.de

arneoog
Indigo 100

Post by arneoog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:37 am

hm.. I've always used arneoog (Arne OOG), probably because it's my name :lol:

why use anything else :wink: :)

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:00 am

[quote="arneoog"]hm.. I've always used arneoog (Arne OOG), probably because it's my name :lol:
quote]

Your last name is OOG? :shock: Fascinating! lol
The hardest part of BEING yourself is FINDING yourself in the first place...
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com

arneoog
Indigo 100

Post by arneoog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:11 am

Haha! :lol:

I write OOG on everything if not my last name is requierd :)
OOG sounds kinda cool too, much cooler that the real names, hehe :P
The names it stand for is private 8)

boweeb007

Post by boweeb007 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:51 am

I used to use nuxx as a screen name years ago. I was really into the techno group Underworld and one of there hit songs was call Born Slippy, but the official album version says Born Slippy.nuxx. I never managed to find out what the nuxx postfix meant but I liked how it sounded. Then other people started using it. I was so frustrated that I just pounded on the keyboard to get some random letters then deleted them until I had something easy to pronounce and I ended up with boweeb. I have yet to run across another boweeb.

I don't know if it's been deleted yet, but when I registered with the new site I used boweeb, then had trouble logging in a few days later, so I registered as boweeb007 (cheesy Bond reference) to get around it. I meant to talk to an administrator about it a long time ago. Is it too late to change my profile name?

hstokholm

Post by hstokholm » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:16 am

Well my real name is Heine Stokholm, so thats it :P

26 posts