Glasses

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
codemonk

Glasses

Post by codemonk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:32 pm

Just a something I put together trying to model some more complex glass shapes.

About 115000 faces acording to blender, 1 hour render.

I may take this somewhere may not, I hope to get some work on my other scene done before I really go anywhere with this but I thought it was a cool model. Inspired by CTZn's table set post.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:04 pm

And you were right ;)

Neat pic !

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:14 pm

nice model Idea...

I would love to see them rendered (longer) in a brighter (HDR) Scene, filled with water :wink:
polygonmanufaktur.de

codemonk

Post by codemonk » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:32 am

I think this afternoon I'll model a cupboard/counter (maybe with a window or something) and do a render overnight. If I manage to get it looking good by the time I go to bed I should have a good 12 hour render to post come morning, and I'll be gone most of the day tomarrow so I could let it sit for probably 16-18 hours total.

I'd start work now but I'm at the college and no blender here :/

codemonk

Post by codemonk » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:52 pm

Well, some modeling and 25 minutes of rendering later:

Just a general test to see how it looks.

Going to try to finish up the cupboard, maybe add some plates/bowls or wine glasses to it by tonight. If I'm really lucky I can get some stuff outside the cupboard done two. like expand it to multiple cupboards.

Anyway, back to it.

codemonk

Post by codemonk » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:44 pm

http://www.nbtsc.org/~rael/blender/indigo/cupboards.jpg

17 hours of rendering and 12,000 mutations per pixel after I went to bed last night I finaly got arround to looking at the image it produced and found this!

Modeling of the cupboard is mostly finished, still needs hinges for the doors, and I'm really not sure where some of the refractions are coming from primarily the large circular one on the wall between the cupboards. Some of the light I believe is coming up from a slightly reflective surface below camera but it's square not round. Also I have -no- idea where the dark shadow on the left side is coming from...

Scene was rendered with no roof,floor or walls other than the two you can see in this image with a single sunlight iluminating the scene.

Probably won't be a lot of updates to this image in the next few days as tonight I'm feeling the suden urge to play with legos and as I no longer own any legos( :( ) that means I have to model them. Also next week is finals week and I have to study at some point so I'll be working on that...

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi codemonk !

Maybe try to divide the scale of your scene, you know two days ago my camera was just outside the skylight environment (it's a sphere), something similar may be the cause of your problem ?

7 posts • Page 1 of 1