Network slave under ubuntu

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
brethdelacalle

Network slave under ubuntu

Post by brethdelacalle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:55 am

I am trying to install several network slaves under ubuntu, but I get the following failure message:

Using base Indigo directory path '\home\s\Desktop\indigo'.
Scene file path: '\home\s\Desktop\indigo\network_cache/1486804824\scene.igs'
Using working directory path '\home\s\Desktop\indigo\network_cache\1486804824'.
Loading Scene '\home\s\Desktop\indigo\network_cache/1486804824\scene.igs'...
IndigoDriverExcep: SceneLoaderExcep: failed to open XML doc from path '\home\s\Desktop\indigo\network_cache/1486804824\scene.igs': Failed to open file

I am using Wine to run the windows version. The original computer is using windows and blendigo. I gave the folders on the slave computer writing permissions and shared it on the network. Could anybody help please?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:50 pm

I think you use an older Indigo version m8!

Nowadays this als is autoated, your master packs the scenefiles and send thm via network to each slave that was found...

here my master and slave cmd files for Indigo:

Code: Select all

START /B /LOW indigo.exe -n wm -p 7100
With this one you start Indigo in Working Master Mode, simply oben your scene file to render and it will spread it to your slaves.

Code: Select all

START /B /LOW indigo_console.exe  -n s -h X.X.X.X:YYYY -frame_upload_period 180
This starts a slave in console mode, where x.x.x.x is the IP and yyyy the Port you connect to. This whole -h command isn't needed eventually, but better you know about it!

have fun!
polygonmanufaktur.de

brethdelacalle

Post by brethdelacalle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:29 pm

I tried version 1.1.15 and version 1.1.17 with wine and the linux version. You're right, it's automated, and it worked fine for me with all slaves in windows intalled, the problem seems to be that ubuntu is not able to read the files it just created.

I found another thread about this:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... 4491d35c5a

This guy ended up copying the files manually on each network mashine. Do you know anything more about this? Thanks in advance.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:56 pm

The master creates a scene.pigs in the network_cache folder for distribution over the network.

In the Slave network_cache folder this zip file get extruded into a Folder with some random number name... and from here I don't know how to work with this one :(

The crash of your Linux master is interesting.... shouldn't hapen and a Bug indeed!
polygonmanufaktur.de

brethdelacalle

Post by brethdelacalle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:12 pm

On my linux slave I get a packed scene file in *.pigs format, but it never creates a folder with the same random name. If I copy the files manually to a folder with the same name everything works fine, the master receives frames from the slave.

Maybe this is a unpacking problem because ubuntu does not recognize pigs-files as packed archives?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:13 am

hmmm.... so it seems the zip-code in Indigo is not Linux save!? I acctually don't know much about Linux and all the strange packs etc. you need to install to get stuff running etc., so I log off and hand over to some Linux Heads :)

Nice that it works as long as you start your Network renderings with unzipping by hand... better than nothing :wink:
polygonmanufaktur.de

MSUdom5

Post by MSUdom5 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:13 am

Has to do with '/' vs '\' in your paths. Unfortunately, I don't really know that there's a way to fix it other than using the native Linux build instead of running with Wine. :)

Edit: Oh, I see now that you have tried the linux version. Hmm... interesting. Could be a bug.

brethdelacalle

Post by brethdelacalle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:40 am

I tried latest version 1.1.18 in the wine and linux version, but I get the same results. I guess you are right about the "/" and "\". Should I report a bug somewhere or generate a logfile somehow? It would be very nice if this problem could be part of one of the next updates :)

8 posts • Page 1 of 1