MayaToIndigo_1.0.96_beta1

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
Phr0stByte

Post by Phr0stByte » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:00 am

CTZn
I will re-import the .fbx (love this format for getting models into Maya from other sources). I will let you know. Wow, lights sure do shine much brighter in 1.1.15! Will have to tone down the lighting...

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:09 am

Found a bug in Specular (blinn) where I'm using incandescence for a sss parameter, thus conflicting with the meshlight definition (specular with sss are turned into meshlights, do'h ).

I think leave meshlight to surfaceShader material as I want to close the gap toward newest Indigo material definitions. For now please don't use incandescence with blinn, will be fixed in next release.

Phr0stByte

Post by Phr0stByte » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:11 am

CTZn
Pretty sure I was using lambert (as always) for the meshlights...

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:17 am

I suspect you would have told me if your sss was brilliant ;)

In new Indigo materials definitions, emission was added. Incandescence will be used for that in future releases, and ambient color for emission_scale, or reversely; meshlight materials will have to be turned into surfaceShader. The whole thing might just be tidier :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:25 am

Things haven't turned out as simple in the short term as I expected, but they are certainly announcing better ones in a (hopefully) near future. Tinkering is not all, but it helped widden my perspective on the export process.

No date so far, but the next releases will bring some fresh air since I want to stop with minor (and buggy) releases.

Wish me luck or give a hand, I'm really doing my mel classes here and I'm not the most brilliant student...

Happy new year !!!

35 posts