FAQ

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

FAQ

Post by Pibuz » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi all!!!
I've been working on this in the last week: hope it can be useful for the beginners who approach Indigo and SkIndigo :D :D :D

I started thinking on this project as a SkIndigo FAQ, but I found necessary to include a few general FAQs about Indigo, so the novice can know what's all about.

The first part of the FAQ, indeed, concerns only the general part. But you can have an idea of the page style i had in mind (i'm still working on that), and you can start finding my errors :wink:

So, for now that's all.

***EDIT 04-01/2009***

Hi all! Just added the new link for the first part of the FAQ i prepared.
Camera and render settings explainations will come with the PART II.
I hope it will help someone..

SKINDIGO FAQ PART I pdf external link:

http://www.box.net/shared/zqloqmr211

***EDIT 01-06/2009***

I finally upload the SkIndigo FAQ part II, concerning basically the camera and environment settings.
Now the boring part has to be considered terminated (although I'm ready to correct any errors, or to add something that is missing). Now I'm starting with the "attachments" section, which will comprehend some tutorials, tricks and visual explainations about some peculiar uses of SkIndigo. For a matter of practicity, these tutorials will be carried out using the 1.1.16 version of Indigo and SkIndigo, which I find to work very fine and to be stable enough.

CHEERS!
...and pleeeaase: comments, tips and suggestions....

SKINDIGO FAQ PART II pdf external link:

http://www.box.net/shared/rllgq5bp8s
Last edited by Pibuz on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

crojack

Post by crojack » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:53 am

Keep it up, Pibuz! Looking good.

did you render the page numbers? 8)

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:17 am

great design :D

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:19 am

Thank you guys! I really appreciate your feedbacks!
But i've got to say i'm so disappointed by the behaviour of the less experts, here. Keep asking and asking about a FAQ and then not a comment, not any idea, not any suggestion or tip. Just drain the file.
I know it's only a start, not even so related to SkIndigo (mostly about Indigo itself, actually), but a little appreciation for my work, and some incouragement would have help a lot.
And it's so sad someone has to ASK for it..
BTW, i really appreciate you guys. Really: thanks for your support!

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:07 am

great!

i think its good that you kept it general and its also well written.

the "...Unbiased?" paragraph is hard to read, maybe add some line breaks?

is it supposed to be a pdf document? maybe, if you keep it this general and are willing to keep it up to date, i can add a FAQ page to the "About" menu. But ill have to ask ono for permission first :)

keep it up!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi Fused! Thanks to have your feedback.
1. I kept it general only as an introduction to SkIndigo novice users. I'm now trying to write down a more detailed SkIndigo FAQ.
2. Totally agree with you about the "...unbiased" paragraph: i'll take care of it.
3. I'd like to post it as a downloadable PDF file. I can obviously send you a simple .doc file of the general part to be inserted in a FAQ page to make possible to be constantly kept up-to-date. No problem. Though i see the updating process a little difficult. You see, i'm writing down the FAQ for SkIndigo stable version only, 'cos i see there are SO many more recent releases but containing many bugs..
I can post you a .doc file with no problem, BTW.
If it can be useful to anyone, to me that's really fine! :D

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:09 pm

Thanks for putting this together Pibuz. I will take a good look at it soon. I've been busy and haven't spent much time with SkIndigo lately. I'm still reading the forums, even though I've been less responsive.

Camara

Post by Camara » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:18 am

I'm using Skindigo for some time now (not a beginner) and one of the thing that was less great about it when I started to used it was the lack of information.

Thanks, Pibuz!! It's a very nice thing you are giving the community! :D

crojack

Post by crojack » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:05 am

I've been around here for awhile, and I know some things (enough to get by), but something like this is definitely needed, for everyone!
To those that just ask ask ask and don't give back, well, it's annoying :roll:, but there are definitely users here who appreciate your efforts! :D

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Great work Pibuz!

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi Pibuz, I hope you plan to add these ones to the wiki !

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi Pibuz,

I think CTZn has got it right. We NEED to create a FAQ and get it into the Wiki. I appreciate the time and effort in creating this document but the greatest benefit to everyone will be if we can collect as many FAQs as possible and then add them to the Wiki.

Remember, the Wiki was created so that any Indigo user could contribute to the documentation and basically nobody is taking advantage of it.

I am going to create a thread where users can suggest questions to be added to the FAQ. If you want to add the questions to your FAQ, be my guest, but my intent is to add these questions to the Wiki as well.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:54 pm

Ok! I completely agree! I'll post you my .doc file whenever is ready! if you want, i can post you my work (as it is now) tonight!

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:38 am

Thanks for the support Whaat !

Pibuz, you can take my request as a compliment to your work ;)

Yesterday I inaugurated the Tips page in the wiki :D

I'm thinking to create a "Indigo Wiki" thread in the development section for wiki editors, thoughts (now sorry for hijacking the thread :?) ?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:47 pm

EDIT 4-01/2009
Updated links to new versions in the Top message.

28 posts