Error: negative skin...

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Gog

Error: negative skin...

Post by Gog » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:51 am

ok, I used the solidify selection to skin an object and I get the following error:-
IndigoDriverExcep: SceneLoaderExcep: Syntax error while parsing Vec3 from '-1.#IND00 -1.#IND00 -1.#IND00'
appears that indigo doesn't like negative references in a mesh?

If I change the solidify selection tool to +ve values rather the default -ve ones no errors so no biggy, but has anyone else noticed this?

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:27 pm

I think, that was a blendigo problem, already fixed by now... Try to redownload Blendigo....

Gog

Post by Gog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 am

will do thanks for the suggestion.

Gog

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:28 am

Well folks, I posted this one a while ago, since then I've noted that the solidify selection script and blendigo / indigo don't like each other sometimes.

so down to simple scenes, add a sphere use solidify selection to create a skin (either pos or neg) and quite often indigo just halts at the doing warm up point.

Use a pair of booleans to create the same thing (i.e. create a hollow sphere ) and it all works fine!

I'm still working on it and will update when I can give more accurate example and maybe some scene files. I have some ideas to play with still...

Using Blendigo 1.1.14 001 and indigo 1.1.15

CTZn

Request Included !

Post by CTZn » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:33 am

It's not an Indigo problem, it's blender unable to return a given value. That happens sometimes in Maya when exporting procedural geometries in obj format; when the relulting object has missing faces (visibly that can be generated with Maya ^^) then there is simply no data to export there. The string Indigo reports is exactly what it fiunds in the file, check that !

REQUEST: What Indigo might do is to detect that very string in mesh definition:

Code: Select all

-1.#IND00
wich imho just means "undefined double", and discard the issue silently everywhere it pops (vertices pos (+UVs?)).

How that is supposed to be handled, I don't know :)

Gog

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:44 am

best way to handle it is to shoot the dumb user :shock: :lol:

Ok after playing a little more today I realised this - I was grabbing a closed primitive (Sphere), applying a solidify selection modifier, I was leaving the skin sides box selected on the modifier, with no sides to skin this appears to mess up the way the modifier works as it doesn't create a clean mesh.

Deselecting the skin sides switch appears to make a clean mesh and sort the error.

Next point of investigation is the smooth function. having sorted the issue as noted above, if I have a skinned sphere with a transparent material, with set smooth on it renders black and with set solid it renders ok. It's like setting smooth engages the classic check your normals type error.

Soon as I move from a closed object to something different all is ok, still to check normals are calculated properly on the inner skin, again will update after playing....

6 posts • Page 1 of 1