compatibility question

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
pxl666

compatibility question

Post by pxl666 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:09 pm

hi gyus - havent render anything for soooo looong - waiting for my Q

can any of u pls tell which blendigo and which indigo are best complemented as of now? i see there are some incompatibilities and new indigos are swarming almost every day and smarty is away for a while - so pls
tell me what i best to download for now? which indigo and blendigo work best together ?

thxx in advance guys!!!

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:36 pm

I use blendigo 1.1.7 and indigo 1.1.8 and I have no problem :D

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:53 pm

blendigo 1.1.7 is basically the same as blendigo 1.1.5, which is no longer backward compatible.
smartden was a little behind with adding new features and bug fixing before he went on holiday.
I did notice him here briefly yesterday but I dont know when he is 'officially' back and going to have the time to update to 1.1.10 Indigo standard.
There may be quite a bit of work for him to do that. He may opt to rewrite it..dunno

In the meantime, to keep the ball rolling, I have generously :roll: volunteered my homebrew blendigo version, bugs and all, for people to experiment with the new layers and emissive materials stuff if they wish, and report Indigo bugs.

Its a bit different here and there. Use it only as directed and seek the approval of your parent or guardian first. :P

There are still a few minor things to tweak but I think overall it does work.
I dont really know what people think about it or if they are using it for other than playing around a bit with.
Once smartden returns with a shiny update I intend to withdraw it and myself to quiet seclusion again
HTH
BF

zsouthboy

Post by zsouthboy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:41 am

If you're learning, it's probably better to stick with the stable versions of both, 1.0.9.

pxl666

Post by pxl666 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:37 pm

thanx guys - so if i would use blendigo 1.1.7 and indigo 1.1.8 what should i be aware of? so far i remember that there wasnt light layers support and there was some problems with microdisplacement...personally i was having problems with some uv mapping and failed to use downloaded igm's

cheers

5 posts • Page 1 of 1