MtI for 1.1.7 beta 1 (obsolete versioning)

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
CTZn

MtI for 1.1.7 beta 1 (obsolete versioning)

Post by CTZn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:23 am

Hello, I'm really too lazy to write a full lenghted post but there is the next version of MtI, no installer available this time:

MayaToIndigo_1.1.7_beta1.zip

The exporter only introduces rgb emission and layers, just enough to play with light layering system of 1.1.7. Also you will find a new helper, the Indigo Palette, wich is accessible through an icon in the main UI. Beware this tool is incomplete, read mtiObjectEditor header for some tips.

That version of indigoShader will not be compatible with previous versions of Indigo, althought you can still use usual Maya shaders, but in turn they do not support emission/layering (ah well you can use them with previous Indigo versions).

Usual warning: I'm the worst coder interventing lastly on MtI, do not ever think about using MtI in a production environment unless you can take that responsability on your own. You are not a kid anyway :)

Enjoy and ask !
Last edited by CTZn on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
obsolete asset

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:37 am

Cheers CTZn.

Can I make a request that you keep careful backups of your MtI code for the time being? My SVN/web/everything server has just lost it's HD and will be offline until I can replace it.
Not much data lost, as I do automatic weekly backups, but I may have lost your last SVN commit.

I'll make sure I tell you when I have everything operational again.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:11 am

I'm very bad at managing backups, but I've got the files locally so it's ok :) I noticied your server was down before posting, couldn't send rev271 (current release).

I hope you didn't lost too much things :)
obsolete asset

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 am

Can confirm that last backup revision I have is 268.

I may be able to get more recent data off the data partition, but I'm not sure what survives. It's pretty badly gone :(

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:30 am

As far as MtI is concerned we are set, don't bother yourself, I commited r269 two days ago and this one may be r270 in fact. Nothing important really, let's call it r269 who cares ?
obsolete asset

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:28 am

SVN server should be back up, latest revision is #271 :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:53 am

Ah nice, it's the latest, with the new icon - wich is quite off - (doh). See, I had a peak of fever, didn't do anything since then...

However I have made the palette's code easier to update with new controls, plus few ui arrangement (regrouped the so called :roll: "advanced" into "shortcuts).

Was the Indigo Palette included in last distro ? arg I'm getting old... it should make life somehow easier when it comes to edit Indigo related objects in Maya.
obsolete asset

7 posts • Page 1 of 1