Need Help! My first Maya problem!!

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
dariolanza

Need Help! My first Maya problem!!

Post by dariolanza » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:53 am

Hello everybody,

I'm starting using Indigo. I've downloaded the installing videos and watch them.
When I tried to export my first scene, I've got this message:

IndigoDriverExceo: SceneLoaderExcep: CSModelLoaderExcep: ModelFormatDecoderExcep for model "\1\-Imported_O-polySurfaceShape1.obj": could not open file "\1\-Imported_O-polySurfaceShape1.obj" for reading. (In element "mesh", around line 217, column 1)

What could be wrong? Am I doing something wrong? Which is the complete process to launch a render with Indigo?

I've posted an screenshot showing the error message, if it could be useful.

Thank you very much.

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:58 am

please dont post the same problem twice. you should include the spanish text in the same topic.

v_mulligan

Post by v_mulligan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:47 am

Ah. I didn't realize there was an English version as well. I've already responded to the Spanish thread. Did you remember to delete the object construction history before exporting it?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:04 am

Hello dariolanza, o hola ! What is certainlay happening is that you first tried to export without having loaded the objExport plugin prior. As a consequence, geometry export gets desactivated and finally Indigo can't find the obj file since it was never exported.

You need:

1° load the objExport plugin in the Plugin Manager (or type command loadPlugin objExport;)

2° enable SaveObjs again in main MtI window (it was disabled because plugin wasn't loaded at export time).

3° Export.

What versions of Indigo and MtI do you use dariolanza ?
obsolete asset

4 posts • Page 1 of 1