how to make materials for indigo in maya?

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
roville_csb

how to make materials for indigo in maya?

Post by roville_csb » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi guys! im new here. how do you make materials for indigo in maya?

roville_csb

guys what the differences between pigm and igm materials?

Post by roville_csb » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 pm

hi guys what is the difference between a pigm and a igm materials? how do make .igm materials for maya?

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Firstly you can create materials for indigo in the hypershade using the indigoShader shader. If you don't see that available, go to the plugin settings window and see if it's there. If it is, load it and choose autoload too.
If you don't see the indigoShader.py in that list, you may have to browse for it manually. It should be in <my documents>\maya\<version>\scripts\MayaToIndigo\indigoShader.
If the plugin was not auto-loaded this also indicates an installation error, and I'd be interested to know if you encountered any errors in the install process and what they were.

Secondly, you can use .igm materials in Maya by selecting an object, and using the IGM button on the GUI. (I think it may be unlabelled still, but the status bar will tell you what the buttons do when you hover over them).
You will then be asked to find a .igm file and MtI will create the necessary shaders to use the material in your scene.

To generate .igm files at export time from your existing materials, you should enable the [] igm checkbox on the GUI.

The difference between pigm and igm is that pigm is really a .zip file that contains both the igm file and also any texture images it uses. MtI can't yet make pigm files directly, but indigo can on the command line.

Sinister

Post by Sinister » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:49 am

sorry, but could you explain how to use pigm?
what and where I should type to include it ?
When I unzip it indigo couldnt find textures.

sorry for my english :?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:36 am

Uh... that's something dougal2 did, I never used that feature... I will look at this and tell you.

The include statement can be at any place inside the <scene> tag, tho for materials you may need to include them before a mesh call them.

By the way Indigo will check for textures in a single folder you declared in MtI, really pigm is just an exchange format.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1