Efficacy scale

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
tony

Post by tony » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:39 am

Excellent could only render as Indigo.

But how many watios is? How many watios needed
to illuminate a room 3mx3m?

My stupidity said that with 100 watios not illuminates my room.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:15 am

Have you tried ? Because my stupidity tells me that you are not stupid, but you are anticipating things too much instead of just doing them.

Most people do not care that much with exact, real values; even I use the bulb itself as an emiter, and I would bet that even in that great image from Enrico, no real power values were used. And if real values were used, then the tonemapping stage was critical in the final image as well.

Si me permites decirlo asi, don't stall on that question because there are more to come. Try and test things by yourself, this is the faster way around to learn things.

What matters is the result, so go on and show us when you have anything, then we will be able to go into real support ;)
obsolete asset

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:29 am

more important on is which tonemapping you use and what are your tonemapping settings. No matter which light situation, it can be completely changed by tonemapping. ;)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:45 am

True, kram. It's as important as others aspect of Indigo, that's why I'd like tony to go across the process of doing an image rather than just theorizing ( :roll: 8) ), or just focusing on a single aspect, losing the whole process from sight.
obsolete asset

tony

Post by tony » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:17 am

Thank you CTZn, thank you Kram1032, thank you all.

I had answered all my doubts.

My interest theoretical is not more than practical. The truth is that while being questioned doing tests and more tests nonstop with different issuers and tonemapings.

Point and beyond. Now the scenes.

Thank you for your support and all those who have replied. I do not know a forum or community so delivered and solidarity.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:29 am

Hehe hopefully it'll grow. Its fun to see so many posts everyday. An active forum is always great, 'cuz you know you're always going to have something new to read.

This thread gave me an idea, and I may do some tests to enrich the information database on indigo (the wikis and such). Since im away from home (at work) 13 hours in a row, I was wondering if there was a way to batch file renders? basically to tell indigo "Do render X, stop at 6000samples/pixel, then start render y, etc"

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:03 am

That's basically what most exporters with Animation support do. ;)

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:12 am

Kram1032 wrote:That's basically what most exporters with Animation support do. ;)
Yes but...this wouldn't be an animation, this would be from different files. Hence my question. Either I'm way dumb or this changes something.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:36 am

Depends how good your batch file authoring is. Perhaps easiest to do it in two steps:
1. export every scene you want rendered with the halt_spp setting set. (there's also a halt time parameter in case you want to control by time instead of samples).
2. export a dummy animation to get a sample batch file.
Not sure what software you're using, so can't say what the file is called or where it is stored. If blender, I think it's called IndigoWrapper.cmd - but the one I have is from a way old version of blendigo and I don't know if it's changed.

then:
3. edit the generated batch file to point to all the scenes you want rendered.
4. launch the batch file and go to work :)

24 posts