Blendigo for v1.1.5

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
204 posts
SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Labello, open finally your eyes! and belive me, i have bigger problems with blendigo as yours ;)
Check normals, dude!

Labello

Post by Labello » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:26 pm

@smartden: did u read my edits?^^

BbB

Post by BbB » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Thanks for the update Smart. Probiere es gleich!

enricocerica
Indigo 100

Post by enricocerica » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:55 am

Hi SmartDen,

First of all thanks for the updated script.

I downloaded the last versions and tried with some previous scenes and I got an "abnormal termination error".

After checking the exported file using the 111 and 115 version of blendigo, I observed that with the 111 version, the size was 180 mb and with the 115 version 450 mb (!?).

Hope this may be helpful

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi Smartden,

Thanks for your continuous efforts to keep blendigo up to date with Ono's latest releases and new things that get implemented.

However (and please excuse my ignorance if I'm about to say/ask anything obvious or stupid), I must agree that things are beginning to get a bit complicated, specially for non-power users (like myself ;) ), yet I understand these "complications" are not on blendigo's behalf but due to the new features implemented in Indigo.

I then have some questions about the screenshot you posted on the 1st page:

-Is it compulsory to create UV texture layers for materials?
-Is it compulsory to create the two always (one for diffuse, one for bump)?
-Is it compulsory to name them that way? (albedo/bump) or as long as they match the name in blendigo, anything goes?
-What about materials with no UV layers, like glass, or NK materials, that in older versions required no UV mapping? Do we still need to create UV layers for them?
-In the case of a diffuse material with no bump in it, should we erase "bump" or "uv" (by default) and leave the name on this field blank?

I'm still trying to understand why all these changes and how they will benefit users. If things get too complicated I'll revert to "good old and trusty" 1.09 ;)

regards,

Alvaro
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

Woodie

Post by Woodie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:23 pm

There is problem when using external pigm's and igm's.
If I try to use igm Indigo gives me error:
"IndigoDriverExcep:SceneLoaderExcep: The Mesh 'Cylinder' tried to use the material 'Material2', which have not been defined."
when pigm:
"IndigoDriverExcep:SceneLoaderExcep: Failed to load XML doc from path'..\materials\wood\old_parquet.pigm': Error document empty. Line 0, column 0.

Anybody had the same experience?

mario

A bit of patience...

Post by mario » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Every time he same story: when a new version of software come out...PANIC!!!!
But, after a few time, the use become normal. Example, in Blender the UV face select is missed, but SmartDen is guilty for this? I think no!!! He made a BIG WORK for all the Blender-Indigo people, don't forget.
I think the only way to solve problems is EXERCISE and USE of a software, and non tedious philosophy about program functions, or other...
Use of 1.1.5 is difficult? Try another version, if you have a short time for a job!!!!
Personally i solved the use-problem in UV set, the only problem is a black parts in smoothed solid, but I'm try with different subdivision, etc.
Excuse for my poor English, and I hope is clear the sense of my post.
Mario

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:26 am

Woodie wrote:There is problem when using external pigm's and igm's.
If I try to use igm Indigo gives me error:
"IndigoDriverExcep:SceneLoaderExcep: The Mesh 'Cylinder' tried to use the material 'Material2', which have not been defined."
when pigm:
"IndigoDriverExcep:SceneLoaderExcep: Failed to load XML doc from path'..\materials\wood\old_parquet.pigm': Error document empty. Line 0, column 0.

Anybody had the same experience?
if you use external materials you should know, the material name in the pigm and in the blender/blendo have to be the same!
Check normals, dude!

BbB

Post by BbB » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:21 am

Woodie
Make sure your material is called the same as the name in the .igm (you might want to check the xml to see how the mat is named). Works well here.

Woodie

Post by Woodie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:38 am

I did not intend to claim that this is somebody's fault. I just thought that it works like nk files (names do not have to match), and I found a bug. Thank you for explanation, it worked with igs materials (BTW it is casesensitive), but I tried that with pigms and it does not work. I of course checked name in XML file. Is the some more extensive explanation?
I use windows vista.
And mario - chill out man. No one says that this is Smarts fault. I think we are all greatfull for all his hard work. But the process of improving cannot continue without extensive testing. I tried to new feature and for whatever reason it does not work for me. Either it is my fault (most likely) or indigo or blendigo.
Anyway I also spotted a place for improvement (I don't know if this is possible). When I want to change external material browser takes me always into file folder not to the folder where the previously used igs/pigm is located.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:08 pm

I dont think anyone had this problem yet (or at least posted about it) if so sorry.

Everytime I try to preview something I get an error saying the previewlogo.jpg file cannot be found. Oddly enough though, the file is present in the directory specified by the error message.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Ok so I re-read this thread twice already and found no mention o the error I got (or maybe I just missed something here or elsewhere).

So...I tried re-installing blender (twice) I tried re-installing Blendigo (and indigo) v1.1.5 2-3 times each, and I'm still having problems. Here's a picture.

(Sorry for the size. but I find resizing image screws up the text so I left it as it is so you could read it properly.)
Attachments
WTF_Indigo.jpg
Hmm yeah...I dont even get why I have this error
WTF_Indigo.jpg (577.83 KiB) Viewed 4404 times

doublez

Post by doublez » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Try moving the file to just C:\
(no folders or anything)
and see if it works.

5OnIt

Post by 5OnIt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:48 pm

Borgleader... You're not paying attention to the "\.." after the "\preview" directory. It's bumping you up one level. In other words, it's not looking it the textures directory in previews. It's up one level in the Indigo directory.

If you create your own textures folder there and add the file, it should work. That's how I fixed it.

A more permanent solution may be to edit the path in the IMPmatdb.igs file, but I haven't tried that.

enricocerica
Indigo 100

Post by enricocerica » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:13 pm

enricocerica wrote:Hi SmartDen,

First of all thanks for the updated script.

I downloaded the last versions and tried with some previous scenes and I got an "abnormal termination error".

After checking the exported file using the 111 and 115 version of blendigo, I observed that with the 111 version, the size was 180 mb and with the 115 version 450 mb (!?).

Hope this may be helpful
It seems that nobody else got this problem !?
How could it be explained, this is a huge size difference and it probably explains that Indigo crashes.
Any idea how to solve it ?

Thanks

204 posts