NEW Site up ;-)

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
atmmatt

Post by atmmatt » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:36 pm

I think it's great!!!

If people don't like it then I'm sorry the hard work of others fails to catch your eye...
"To be, or not to be" That is a question?

dogfin

Post by dogfin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:21 am

Code: Select all

If people don't like it then I'm sorry the hard work of others fails to catch your eye...
Some constructive critisism was offered, and people flew of the handle and shot us down in flames like the hindeberg. Mmmm, comunities sometimes give me such warm and fuzy feelings inside.

dogfin -

atmmatt

Post by atmmatt » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:10 am

dogfin wrote:

Code: Select all

Some constructive critisism was offered, and people flew of the handle and shot us down in flames like the hindeberg. Mmmm, comunities sometimes give me such warm and fuzy feelings inside.

dogfin -
Hi,

I don't believe people flew off any handles here. If anyone did you probably wouldn't be posting and things wouldn't be continuing on so gingerly. Even if some people did get upset, and you know who you and I are referring to, they have every right to.

My interpretation of the constructive criticism was as koba mentioned, cynical. I think it was good to hear those things but in all honesty I don't think it "jived" with what Indigo is really about. It's free, and developed by two people, they can make it however they see fit.

I will quote the fountainhead for a minute "Any man who works for other men with no compensation are slaves". Ono and Radiance aren't our slaves and shouldn't be treated like employees either. I'm sure they have their own reasons for continuing this project and I am very thankful. As another fountainhead idea, conformity is for those without imagination. I think the site is very imaginative and great for people wanting to use and learn about Indigo. It doesn't flow like an open source website and doesn't flow like a commercial one, but it's own.
"To be, or not to be" That is a question?

zsouthboy

Post by zsouthboy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:38 am

ROFL

I have indigorenderer.com/forum/ bookmarked, and for the past several days, have been like.. WTF? Radiance wouldn't let the site be down like this.

Could you add a redirect from there, if you get a chance? I surf from a few computers, and I'll update the link as I go, though.

WHiTeRaBBiT

Post by WHiTeRaBBiT » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:41 pm

Hey Radiance

Running on Firefox 1.5.0.7 under debian linux, KDE 3.5.5.
The only things I've noticed was my logon name changed
(not a big deal since you mentioned it plainly), and the chat window
font size looks a little big, but I'm running 2304x1440 with a larger
than normal system font, so maybe thats causing this.

BTW I absolutely love the new site especially the live chat!!!
GREAT JOB :) :D
"For death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Phil

Post by Phil » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:42 am

Sorry Radiance,

I am new her and I like the new website, I also find Indigo incredible.
But It is really complicated to use the forum.

This is my new problem since 2 hours (now I write this in an editor and will paste it in the forum).

My new problem on your forum, is that the keyboard key y and z are switched (do not lought, it is serious). :oops:
I mean when I typing z becomes y and typing y becomes z, I did not change anything on my computer

The problem about being logging off automatically about 5 minutes is still here.

I am sure you will be able to correct this, and by the way I want to thanks all people involving in this project :D

Regards, Phil

Kyokutan

Post by Kyokutan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:39 am

Sounds like a keyboard-layout error...the german keyboard layout is identical with the english, except of Y and Z...they're switched...(well most special characters are total different too). You can switch between keyboard-layouts by pressing alt+shift.

Phil

Post by Phil » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:10 am

Hi,

thanks for the reply, now y and z works.
I also have no idea,

The fact is that I use 2computer, one at home and on at my office,
I also have 2registered name, pehaps is this a problem with cookies and so on.
maybe your box is fucked up
[/quote]

:lol:
This is very funny, thanks.
I think my box is still alive :mrgreen:

@Kyokutan, I just tried alt+shift, but there is no effect by me.
(My system is XP 64 bit)
It simply seems that I can not reproduce this problem now!?

I have to investigate about this and I think it would be nice to have a test forum for idiots like me!
Simply a dummy forum to test how to post images and to see if everything is ok.
What do you think about this?

(by the way Radiance, I like much more your new atavar, the old one make me thought about catzilla :mrgreen: )

Regards, Phil

38 posts