Blendigo and Material Light

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pinko5

Blendigo and Material Light

Post by Pinko5 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:11 pm

I found in Documetation Wiki this explanation Tab (for Light)
I would like to undestand...
I presume that in Blendigo the "Efficacy" correspond of "Overall Luminous efficacy" of the Tab and the "Power" with "Type"...
If this the right way to set the lights i would like to know how i can set the watts of these type... (?)..Candle, Glass Halogen, Quartz Halogen and High Temperature incandescent...
Then I have another question the dimension of mesh changes these parameters???For example a plane 10cmx10cm 100 watts efficacy 17.5 is less bright then a plane of 20cmx20cm 100 watts efficacy 17.5???
Tnx in advance
Luca.
:D
Attachments
TabLight.jpg
Tab
TabLight.jpg (79 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
Blendigo.jpg
Blendigo
Blendigo.jpg (47.07 KiB) Viewed 3301 times

alexmeyer

Post by alexmeyer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:23 am

As for the question about the size of the emitter, yes, scale does affect the brightness, but not in the direction you were going. The bigger the light, the dimmer it is. The way I've heard it is that "the wattage gets spread over the surface area of the light".
(So watch out for scene scale too, that can screw you up... :P)

As for your other question, I didn't quite catch what you were asking. The Blendigo "Power[W]" setting is watts. Most of the lights you have in that chart have watt ratings with them. Hope that helps...
From uncyclopedia.org, on "Elephant's Dream":

"The choice of the title is highly significant, because while the movie does not feature any elephants nor dreams, no one understands what happens anyway."

Pinko5

Post by Pinko5 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:29 am

Ok Tnx Alex
For Blendigo problem:
I know that in the chart there is the power but for the voices without this parameter what i can put???
For example glass halogen... ok efficacy is 16 but watts???
Tnx
Luca. ;)

alexmeyer

Post by alexmeyer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:07 am

Ah, I see what you mean now.

I'm assuming that those have the same efficacy rating no matter what the wattage is (dunno exactly tho).
From uncyclopedia.org, on "Elephant's Dream":

"The choice of the title is highly significant, because while the movie does not feature any elephants nor dreams, no one understands what happens anyway."

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:10 am

ok sorry about that didnt notice it was missing will fix the wiki soon - I think this was just borrowed from wikipedia previously..

there is actually a much bigger list than that around on the forum somewhere try a search :wink:

Pinko5

Post by Pinko5 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:55 am

Ok Tnx Alex and BigFan
Luca ;)

6 posts • Page 1 of 1