how to upload wiki photos?

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:05 am

possibly you could visit some maya user sites and do some indigo publicity work then.. gather a few fellows up..
I know you have nothing better to do :lol:

well I have put in time on blendigo myself -
the first UI clean up and the tool tips..a few bits of version update code..some previews stuff, etc, a few other ideas that no one wanted like an exposure meter, DOF calculator, includes handling, sss revisions for real data etc etc
possibly my creaking old solidworks version has still got the most indigo features implemented..but..well lots of disappointment and struggle you know - even annoyance- :wink: and its also rather pointless for me to do stuff now...

its not easy being concerned and generous in an apathetic and self interested world

good luck with your presentation :wink:

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 pm

ok so after some more work ( I think it is over 50% finished) I would like some general feedback please from Blender users and other potential raiders about whether or not this information and format/style is covering what you need to know.

sk2k

Post by sk2k » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi,

i think there are too much general Indigo informations in the Blendigo part of the wiki. For example, there are the xml settings for the material types. Why not putting pics of the Blendigo slider settings instead of the xml settings?

In general the Blendigo part is informative and useful for new users. But for my like it should be kept really Blendigo centered.

Thank you for still working on the wiki. I'm sure some of us useless bums appreceating your work. ;)

MfG
sk2k

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:37 pm

ok thanks for the reply :D
I guess the need for showing actual code isnt quite the same as when the first tutorial was written for v0.5 and people were sometimes manually coding stuff.
Really aside from the tabulated spectrum code which shows you how to set that up the rest is just in there for recognition sake if you were to look at an .igs
maybe I will make another page just for that purpose. :idea: :wink:

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:14 pm

work is progressing bit by bit....

tell me someone please though - who has admin rights in the wiki?
that is who can make new pages?..I couldnt see this..and also who can move and delete images for me?

further I wonder if we should have some sort of rights to edit now :roll: - I am thinking everyone who logs in sees the editable version rather than the finished doc..not that I want to discourage participation. :wink:

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:47 pm

everybody can create new pages who logged in, i think

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi BigFan,
usually, anyone can create new pages.
You just need to make a new link, then follow the link, and a new page will be created once you start editing.

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:46 pm

ok thanks..what about the moving and deleting images?

23 posts