Cindigo texturing

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Cindigo texturing

Post by pixie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:46 am

I've found the texturing in cindigo very temperamental... most of the times it doesn't export textures at all.. can anyone tell me in which conditions it may happen so I can avoid it?

As a suggestion the material helper might as well have the texture path so that one knews if it had exported right or not

thanks

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:13 am

Cindigo atm ONLY supports UV Maped Textures, so you'll have to convert your other mapping modes to UV Map!
(mark the mesh and then the texture tag on it, right click on the texture tag and prees "convert to UV Map")
polygonmanufaktur.de

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:31 am

im not sure if you mean this, but texture paths only get exported if they are in a subpath of one of the "texture paths" definded in the preferences, or if you agree to copy the texture to the document location on loading it.

hope this helps!

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:39 am

fused wrote:im not sure if you mean this, but texture paths only get exported if they are in a subpath of one of the "texture paths" definded in the preferences, or if you agree to copy the texture to the document location on loading it.

hope this helps!
I see... I thought that as the path itself when exported being absolute would mean that it wouldn't mind the texture not being copied over to the place where the cinema4d file hangs.

Sometimes I do not copy over textures as while being used on different projects aren't relative enough to justify being at the same directory. This way I don't have to duplicate the same texture all over again, I won't let it copy and it will use the absolute path where texture is.

On a side remark, in which situations it creates a diffuse, specular, or phong material out of Cinema materials conversion?

PS- One thing I found out due to Indigo was that I cannot use tiff as it isn't supported

4 posts • Page 1 of 1