Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Cindigo 1.0 - beta 2

Post by fused » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:36 pm

CINDIGO 1.0 - BETA 2

download exporter:
PC Version

(or below)

The file contains PC versions for R10 and R9. (R10 users will have to rename the "cindigo1.0.1.cdl_R10" to "cindigo1.0.1.cdl")

Make sure you have the newest version of quicktime installed!

please tell me if you find bugs or have specific requests. i will try to fix/implement as fast as possible.

new in 1.0 - beta 2:

* Peak Spectrum for Meshlights
* Direct Export (you dont have to make nurbs, etc. editable anymore)

known bugs/issues 1.0 - beta 2:

* only UVW-mapping supported (no tiling)

features to come in 1.0 - beta 2(or later): (for preventing double and tripple requests)

* better .obj export (still needs optimization)
* more changes for blendmats
* obstacle_map and aperture_shape
- tell me if i forgot sth!

let me know if sth is not working :!: :!:
Attachments
cindigo1.0b2.zip
cindigo 1.0 beta 2
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 573 times

manitwo

Post by manitwo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:58 pm

"THANK YOU" fused.

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:12 pm

???

"no problem"

Marcofly

Post by Marcofly » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:32 pm

Thanks fused!!

The 'direct export' is a very important step forward, and makes the entire workflow a lot easier and quicker!!!

Ciao!

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Cindigo 1.0 - beta 2

Post by Zom-B » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:37 pm

fused wrote:CINDIGO 1.0 - BETA 2* Direct Export (you dont have to make nurbs, etc. editable anymore)
finally a dream comes true... thank you very much!!
Can't wait until I get some free time to play around with Cindigo again :cry:
polygonmanufaktur.de

Camox
2nd Place Winner

Post by Camox » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:33 am

Thanks fused ! :D

kadajawi

Post by kadajawi » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:35 am

Thanks alot, sounds good :D

Hris

Post by Hris » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:30 am

Thank You Mr.Fused:) Dreams come true...really:)

Behrendt

Post by Behrendt » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:06 pm

Very nice! :) Works fine under 32bit. Now Apple will only have to come up with a 64bit supporting version of QuickTime and everything will be just fine!

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:38 am

hey there!

i had a some time today and built a little home for Cindigo(and also for myself). Although my webdesign skills are minor, i hope you like it! Im still having issues with IE (firefox works well), so heres a screenshot:

Last edited by fused on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

kadajawi

Post by kadajawi » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:48 am

Looks good :)

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:17 am

Hey fused... webdesign is what I do for living, so if you need some help, I would be happy do so!

BTW: I hope to get my Cindigo 1.0.2 Testing finished this weekend,
so maybe you'll find a "bugreport" under your Christmas tree :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:05 pm

hey zomb!

thank you for the offer! im sure ill get back to it!

i dont think i have any presents for you :P :(

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:13 am

Hey fused... no need for any "extra presents" for me, Cindigo is enough ;-)

Finally I got some time to check out this new version,
The new "convert to mesh on export feature" is a dream!!!
I hope this list helps in developement & as an overview for other Cindigo users... here we go:

Bugs

1) Cindigo & C4D both asks if the existing files should be overwritten, if exporting.

2) Material control for bump, exponent_map etc. only get accessible if you tun on the "Apply changes to Material" checkbox.
Textures also are ignored on export if this checkbox isn't checked!

3) For the "about" box, the Ok button doesn't do anything

4) If no "indigo render settings tag" is aplied, no tonemaping params get exported and Indigo throws an error.

5) Materials that are inside a Hypernurb etc. that get exported, and converted to a Mesh get thair names clamped inside the .obj file. The Name "mat test 1" gets clamped to the first word "mat" etc.

6) Primitives taged with the light tag get exported using default_mat

7) instancing of primitives doesn't work

8 ) Crash on Export if an Texture Tag is used in the Scene without linked Material (if you for example erease an asigned material from your mat library)

9) For Henyay-Greenstein phase function RGB values for are possible too... check here for a demonstration by master Ono himself ^^.

10) in some situations by convertig C4D objects to a mesh, polygone data is generated without any polygones... this crashes Indigo. Skipping such "meshes" would be nice! Thanks to Sayris for this hint, I attached an example scene provided by him.

11) Cindigo Tags that are on an null Object as a child of an C4D Primitive, or something that gets converted to an Null Object on export, like Hyper Nurbs etc. are ignored.

12) If you are using Peak for BG lightning, no settings for peak are available.

13) Dermis & Epidermis are both exported having a precedence of 10, but Dermis should have a higher precedence than Epidermis or the rendered results are ultra slow and fu**ed up.
So let the user change the precedence and use a default of 11 for dermis and 10 for Epidermis.

14) If you choose to enlight your Scene by a sun, but don't define a Sun, C4D crashes on export. A warning massage, or a default sun position are nicer than a program crash ;-)

15) "No geometry Export" doesn't work anymore, meshes get allways exported.

14) "Convert Materials" generated Mats don't export Textures if the Scene is loaded from Content Browser (like the BP example Scenes). This is C4D related... simply safe Project to a new path and it will work!

Regarding Preview Rendering

I did some test for your Preview Scene Setup, to determined the fastest (most noise free) method.

I attached some preview renderings I did... it seems the fastest is Path tracing with BiDir!
Also disabling "aperture_diffraction" for Previews should give about 10% more speed too! Setting Max depth to 100 (from 1000) should speed up Material rendering that use SSS too. Finally the camera could be set up nearer to the Preview Model, so the 160x160 shown as much as possible of the material previewed.
The Plane Preview Model perhaps shouldn't need depth, or only be UV maped to texture only the front (for texture material previews with alpha blend)

I attached some optimzed preview igs for Cindigo, that are using path tracing with BiDir, disable aperture_diffraction and reduce max_depth to 100. Tonemapping etc. is optimized too!

Some Ideas:

a) Some tweaking of the "Indigo render settings" Tag into having 4 Tabs could enhance overview (like before already mentioned an camera Tab would make sense)

b) The Idea that indigo mats Influence the C4D mats is great, but for converting an existing C4D Scene into a exportable Indigo Taged Scene, influence from C4D mats to Indigo mats would be more interesting. :smile:
It would save some time if stuff like material Type, IOR color etc. hasn't to be transfered manually (some maybe even by guessing) to the Indigo material.

c) A nice Idea would also be a Cindigo preview model, for all Mats that are assigned to an Indigo mat (atm you change all model previews to a sphere), so you easily can see what mat do you just indigoised :wink:

d) Materials that are used but not defined cause Indigo to crash, because material definitions are missing (in this case maybe some pink warning mat should be used instead...)

e) I have no Idea how Displacement works in C4D internally, but maybe it is possible to export the C4D calculated displacement Mesh somehow... :)

f) it would be great, if Instances of complex multistructured objects like Chairs, or car tires with (lot of) childes could be supported.

g) Different Materials for Instances should be possible... Maybe here some kind of Random material settings might be an interesting Feature for Scenes heavily using instances... maybe

h) Export without Meshes could be an export option for on PlugIns > Cindigo

i) Export and Start Indigo should allow also the use the commandline version to save RAM...

j) for Export a "last directory used" shoud be saved, so each time I choose a new env map or change a texture I don't have to lock for the folder I want to export my Indigo Scene again and again

k) The Number Clamping of C4D is mostly an issue for the Global Size modifier... a workaround test would be nice to se here first. Maybe a fixed multiplier on export (x0.01) would help here so 100 would be the default value for 100% size!

l) C4D Light export using <rectanglelight>. should be easy to gnerate a 1:1 export if using an simple plane area light. For other area lights maybe C4D mesh needs to be generated and used as lightsource (disk, hemisphere etc.). In an second (more advanced) developement Step, Spot lights could be exported to IES files and used by Indigo, so the shape of an C4D Spotlight don't get lost.

m) "Convert Materials" should recognize Phong values better. the Specular Graph should be converted by height => Exponent, and width => IOR

n) The sun Position should recognize C4D's sun position, and use it if defined, and no NullObject is used for a custom sun position is used.

o) Simplify alpha blends by having a checkbox for every mat for an alpha map. If used, Cindigo should generate a Material+mask+NullMat blend in the Background during export, and apply the blended mat instead of the basic mat applied by the user.
Attachments
optimized_preview_files.zip
Optimized igs files for the Cindigo Preview
(28.55 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
indigofehler.zip
Generates an polyfree mesh objekt on Export and crashes Indigo.
(5.19 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
preview_renders.zip
(400.27 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Last edited by Zom-B on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:13 am, edited 15 times in total.
polygonmanufaktur.de

pixie
Indigo 100

Re: Cindigo 1.0 - beta 2

Post by pixie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:25 am

Cheers Fused, any chance of building an mac version? I got Indigo working through wine and I would like to put it tn good use.

Cheers

40 posts