Hi

Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
atmmatt

Hi

Post by atmmatt » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi guys!!!

I hope some people remember me :)

Really sorry to not have left any message of why I was gone.

I've been in college. Working full time for a sheet metal roofing company as an assistant project manager and 2d draftsman (get to use autocad a lot).

Right now I'm in a summer night trig course. I go to work at 7 am, get home after class around 9 pm.

During the spring semester I was overwhelmed with full time school schedule, now I work full time and the class it's even tougher.

I am sad to say I have not used Indigo in some time :( I have a number of projects ready to go I just need to devote some time to relearning a lot that I forgot. I also see that v8 is out!!!! I remember when I couldn't participate as much v7 was just sent out with SSS I was super hyped!

Anyways I hope to recontribute real soon and hopefully be of some use to you guys again (if I ever was before).

Other than that, I turned 19 in May 11, got my drivers license last Wednesday, got my grades back and have a 4.0 gpa, finally got some money so when I buy a car (gotta buy one in a couple weeks) I will upgrade my computer.

So if anyone would please (please!!!) can you guys give some suggestions on good comp stuff at that sweet spot price range. I have a pretty good idea of what to look for but I would like it to be great with 3D (solidworks, autocad, blender, indigo, photoshop, flight simulator). So if you know of something or websites where you got your stuff please let me know!!

I hope to see you all around in the very near future (figuratively speaking of course)!
"To be, or not to be" That is a question?

zsouthboy

Post by zsouthboy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:54 pm

So there is someone younger than me hanging around, eh? (I just turned 22 myself)

For your computer needs, give me a budget, and would you rather build it yourself, or get it through an OEM?

Just so you know, you can put together a GREAT box for $500 now. Seriously.

Hell, you can get a capable laptop for close to that.

Dacksoldier

Post by Dacksoldier » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:26 pm

quote]So there is someone younger than me hanging around, eh? (I just turned 22 myself) [/quote]
you think there is not many people hanging around younger than you... umm i believe that I am 16

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Dacksoldier wrote: umm i believe that I am 16
But you're wrong, you're actually 33 and I am 73 and a half not 13. Its all a government conspiracy I TELL YOU! Even though you are probably in a different country with a different government than me.

boweeb007

Post by boweeb007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:00 pm

Good to see you back. I also left for a while (work) and came back to a dizzying array of new features, so I know how you feel. Did you see that Radiance is stepping down?

Here are some of my favorite sites for shopping parts
www.mwave.com - TRY HERE FIRST for your mb/cpu/memory combo
www.newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com
www.pricewatch.com
www.pricegrabber.com

Also, go here to compare vid cards - http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Dacksoldier

Post by Dacksoldier » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:01 pm

lol nice never thought about that... the whole international governmental conspiracies cooked up by every government and spread through out the world but other than it would be great to have you back soon

manitwo

Post by manitwo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:35 pm

welcome back :)

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:45 am

I can slightly remember you :)

Welcome, back :D
I hope, you will be able, to do more ;)

Have you seen DaveC's list of cool free progs?

and, if you want to use opensource (whee possible), try http://www.osalt.com :)

(DaveC's list of cool free progs: http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com/coolfreeprogs)

ThatDude33

Post by ThatDude33 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:08 pm

Dacksoldier wrote:
So there is someone younger than me hanging around, eh? (I just turned 22 myself)
you think there is not many people hanging around younger than you... umm i believe that I am 16
I'm almost 15. I win. :D

I remember you, by the way, atmmatt! Were'nt you interested in Maya to Indigo a looong time ago?
Matt B. >>Maya To Indigo<<

9 posts • Page 1 of 1