Indigo 0.8S Blender 2.44 Exporter Here *Deserted*

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Wedge

Post by Wedge » Tue May 15, 2007 12:09 pm

Soxofaan: The latest version of code is at the front post.

Everyone else: Some changes in my schedule have altered the amount of time I have available for non-essential tasks. I am no longer able to invest time into this exporter. Thanks to everyone for their support in this project! :)
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

Kojack

Post by Kojack » Tue May 15, 2007 10:48 pm

<meshlight>...</meshlight> parameters are exported two times. First normally with mesh and second in the end of file, but its only cosmetic mistake because without second porameter it works exactly the same.

Cheers, RaV

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Wed May 16, 2007 1:18 am

awwwh, Wedge! Just when the fun was starting!!! :wink: Don't worry, we understand RL stuff is 1st, but you also know we're always waiting for you and your stuff.

Have a good one!
Regards,
Alvaro
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Mon May 21, 2007 8:33 am

Thanks for the bug report Kojack. I did not test these features very good but did have to rewrite them since they were made up of copy/pasted code which was lazy on my part. Now there are switches.

Separate mesh/meshlight features have been rewritten and you should no longer have that problem. :)

I was not happy at all with the way I left this so luckily I found some time this weekend to close up loose ends. Material handling is now very powerful. But now it is tough to set up but I believe if you try a few times you can suceed.

Enjoy! And I will still try and answer any questions regarding how this works. The directions are probably not as clear as they should be.
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

byraul

Post by byraul » Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am

the script have some errors at materials that have name with "." (e.g: Material.001). The script thinks that the Material and 001 are 2 materials blended...

Another bug... dont know why...
Indigo Export - Saving to D:\3D work\blender.igs
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 769, in gui
File "<string>", line 610, in saveOne
File "<string>", line 474, in save_indigo
File "<string>", line 192, in exportMaterial
IndexError: list index out of range

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Mon May 21, 2007 1:24 pm

This is the tricky part. You have to disable the default buttons that are enabled when you add new material. These buttons, like Radio, are switches to enable Blend or other materials. Check the directions for the rest.

No error checking exists and if you leave buttons on exporter will attempt to split material apart and throw an error.

I would also remove .001 or any other added characters to material names. :)

byraul

Post by byraul » Mon May 21, 2007 11:09 pm

SceneLoaderExcep: Rotation matrix must be orthogonal (In element 'rotation', around line 277, column 9)

Stur

Post by Stur » Mon May 21, 2007 11:55 pm

You must apply scale & rotation to your objects before exporting : select object then Ctrl+A.

byraul

Post by byraul » Tue May 22, 2007 12:04 am

tnx for the quick reply...
but how can i render textures?

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Tue May 22, 2007 1:13 pm

Using textures works the same as in Indigo 05 Blender tutorial. I have not seen it in awhile but it should be somewhere around here on the site...

For exponent or <b> tags the values can be adjusted as stated in the directions. :)

Update: I found the link to Blender/Indigo tutorial. Note: It is for Indigo 05 but for textures it should help you. :)

http://www.indigorenderer.com/blender_tut

Kojack

Post by Kojack » Wed May 23, 2007 8:09 am

you change

Code: Select all

worldcolor = Blender.World.Get('World').hor
to

Code: Select all

worldcolor = World.Get('World').hor
for me it doesnt work correctly ;]

edit:
argh
its strange. i dont know whats going on. this version is much more buggy?
i cant export many scenes which i can with ver. 1.36

byraul

Post by byraul » Wed May 23, 2007 8:46 am

if you create something transparent... the exporter export only the medium.... you should create manually the material in the igs file...
i prefere to create myself the materials in the exported file...

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Wed May 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Kojack: Thanks for the bug report Kojack. You are right, I forgot to import World after I changed that. It is fixed now. :)

Byraul: You have to create the medium and then apply it to a material. (so in Blender you have to create two materials, one medium, and one material that is <internal medium name>. They are separate and that means you can create a glass medium and then use different material tags with different exponents or glossy transparent / specular.

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:36 pm

Put up a new version with angle support for normal smoothing. I saw this brought up in the bug / request forum. Since Blender has support for this in the gui I decided to write it into the exporter.

Enjoy! :)

And thanks for posting this in the request forum.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:51 pm

Are you computing it in Python wedge?

33 posts