Problem with distorted texture and bevelled edges

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Alejandro_66

Problem with distorted texture and bevelled edges

Post by Alejandro_66 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:44 am

Hi to all!
Seem to have a problem with this. As you can see from a quick render, the steel material where the steel beam is cut is distorted. The material for the uncut surfaces of the beam are a mat grey to simulate primer. Tried everything with no luck. Another thing, when i try to bevelled the edges to make it more realistic, all the beam's surfaces become one... Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Test.jpg

tremo

Re: Problem with distorted texture and bevelled edges

Post by tremo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:07 am

Hello Alejandro_66, does the cut surface have a bumpmap or something similar? Try to group the surface separately and ungroup it. Mark only the surface and only then use the bevel tool.Try it without bumpmap.

snorky
Indigo 100

Post by snorky » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 am

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:33 pm

Looks like a smoothing issue to me. Triple click the beam and reduce the 'soften / smooth' in SketchUp. This will also (if you reduce it enough) bring back all the 'hidden' lines, which will make the model individual faces again... If that's what you want! It may render faceted instead of smooth if you do that. I would keep the mesh 'smoothed' and just turn on 'view hidden geometry' to see the smoothed lines

4 posts • Page 1 of 1