It has been a little while since the last beta release in the 4.0 series, so this is a big one.
First off, we have a redesign of the Indigo logo. Thanks to Originalplan for his awesome work on this. This will be fully revealed with a new website coming soon
The other big changes are to do with making GPU rendering start faster and run more effectively with multiple GPUs.
Building the scene for GPU rendering should be a lot faster now and use lots less memory, which means some large scenes can now render on the GPU.
This is a Beta release.
If you spot any bugs or problems, please make a post about them in this thread.
Indigo for Windows 64-bit:
Indigo for Linux 64-bit:
Indigo for Mac OS X (10.7 - ):
Indigo RT for Windows 64-bit:
Indigo RT for Linux 64-bit:
Indigo RT for Mac OS X (10.7 - ):
* GPU PT: Building of OpenCL data is faster and uses less memory.
* Added initial support for Retina screens on macOS.
* GPU PT: Better caching for OpenCL programs
* GPU PT: Faster, parallel building of OpenCL programs on Windows and Linux.
* GPU PT: Fixed crash with multiple GPU devices.
* GPU PT: Fixed issue with emitters and null materials.
* GPU PT: Fixed problem with realtime updating of media.
* Suppressing 'WARNING: Model 'xx' references fewer materials...' warnings once 100 have been emitted.
* Fixed bug with displacement causing garbled meshes when a non-displacing material shared a vertex with a displacing material in some cases.
* Fixed issue with shading normals along UV discontinuities on subdivided meshes.
* Fixed OpenCL exception when changing uniform environment.
* Fixed issue with bidir caustics and specular materials (introduced during 4.0 series)
* Issue a warning during scene parsing if a node with a given UID is already inserted in the scene.
* While loading scenes, aborting scene traversal if reference loops found.
* Updated bundled IndigoMax version to 0.6.5.
* Updated bundled SkIndigo to 220.127.116.11.
* Updated Indigo icons to new designs.
* Fixed scene rebuilding always being done when changing e.g. colour for a material that has had displacement changed.
* GPU PT: Fixed gamma being wrong for 8-bit env maps.
* --tonemap switch can now use network floating licences.
* Fixed image scaling with --tonemap.
* Made -image_save_period switch work again.
* If we get a floating licence during non-interactive rendering, remove watermarks in saved images.
* Fixed SPP display for loaded images with ssf > 1.
* Fixed crash when restarting rendering while saving an image.
* GPU PT: Fixed issue with updates not registering properly after error state.
* GPU PT: Fixed issue with subres rendering errors at some resolutions
* GPU PT: Fixed tracing precision errors in some cases.
* GPU PT: Fixed bug where realtime changing to a material with a medium resulting in incorrect rendering in some cases.
* GPU PT: Decreased max subres block size.
* GPU PT: Decreased max time between image updates.
* Improved responsiveness of realtime changes when OpenGL preview is enabled on Mac.