Indigo 0.7F exporter here! Features added/Comments welcome!

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
IanC

Post by IanC » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:34 am

WOOO thanks! My normals problem is now gone!

johanjohan

Post by johanjohan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:10 pm

Hi!

I cant export the camera's shift setting (F9)
it possible to export the setting?

thanks
Johan

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:29 am

I don't think, Indigo supports PC-Lenses ;)

Mute

Post by Mute » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:32 am

Hi
I have many Iconv Error during my exporting, and my render is completely white with more than 1 light emitter.
Help me please :cry:

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:58 pm

JohanJohan: The camera shift setting does not get exported.

Mute: I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. What do you mean by IconV Error? The white render sounds like tonemapping or something with the lighting setup, have you tried setting linear tonemapping to a lower value?
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

Mute

Post by Mute » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:12 am

I have this error. And my render is always white (with reinhard tonemapping) or black (with linear tonemapping)
Attachments
iconverror.jpg
iconverror.jpg (26 KiB) Viewed 3264 times

tobak30

Post by tobak30 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 am

I can't get the script to work.

I get a script error and a message that I should see the console.. What does that mean?

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:40 am

When you start blender, there is a black window appearing before the actual Prog starts.
There is some text about the failure.
Reproduce the bug and post this text here ;)

tobak30

Post by tobak30 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:55 am

It is prossesing all arllright and then it goes :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>" line 781, in gui
File "<string>" line 656, in save_still
File "<string>" line 611, in save_indigo
File "<string>" line 368, in exportObject
File "<string>" line 118, in exportMesh
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'face' referenced before assignment.

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:38 am

Mute: Iconv errors are not a part of the exporter as far as I can see. I did a quick search on the Internet and found a forum thread where people talked about this error but no fix. Is your Blender installed okay?

Here is the link: http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11017

Tobak: It looks like you might be trying to export a non-mesh item? Do you have an object in the scene without faces? Only mesh objects will work properly.
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

locke

Post by locke » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:01 am

Hi I get this error:
global name "makename" is not defined
it happens only by using Seperate Materials
how can I fix it?
Locke

tobak30

Post by tobak30 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:46 am

[quote="Wedge"Tobak: It looks like you might be trying to export a non-mesh item? Do you have an object in the scene without faces? Only mesh objects will work properly.[/quote]

Shure I got faces on them all. I rendererd the same scene in indigo 0.6 and are able to use the other indigo exporter to render it.

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:49 pm

Locke: Thank you for reporting this bug. It looks like I had broken this by accident and did not know because I never tried this feature. I have fixed it and uploaded the new version.

Tobak: When your Blender console has an error, from what I know the object that is causing the problem is listed right before the Traceback message. I would check this object.

A scene can work in 06 and not 07 especially now since I reworked the geometry. NMesh is no longer used and it supported some other object types that are no longer supported either. Curves and circles and anything not in the Mesh menu will cause errors.

To anyone:
I have changed some other things also...dermis and epidermis can be set in Blender now. Some settings from .rlight and .plane can also be set now. Changed .scatter to .medial when assigning medium names in xml file. I guess I didn't like .scatter anymore. I readjusted some default settings to try and help everyone get a good lighting setup with tonemapping. This should work well for outdoor scenes, I didn't have time to test indoor scenes. I also reworked some of the gui settings like sky turbidity and burn. That is about all I can remember for now...

If you find a bug and have the time to let me know that would be great! I do not usually have the time to test everything after making changes.

I would also enjoy seeing any time comparisons between the old version without optimizations and the new one. Big scenes or slow cpu's, should be a good improvement. I am just curious to see if it was really helpful...Thanks ahead of time in case any time tests are posted.

paulo_gomes

Post by paulo_gomes » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:04 pm

i have a slow cpu (pentium III 600mhz) i'll test it if you guys can give me a big scene and the old version of the script.

tobak30

Post by tobak30 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:03 am

I finally figured out what it was. It was some kind of tube that didn't show. So I just deleted it. But now I got another problem. When indigo is starting up
I get a error message.

I found the trouble. It seems like indigo don't like scandinavian lettering in its xml file. Changed the name of the object and voila it worked. :)
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (23.1 KiB) Viewed 3190 times

223 posts