[REQ] Colorcorrection Shader

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
Behrendt

[REQ] Colorcorrection Shader

Post by Behrendt » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:18 am

Hi guys,

as discussed in the Cindigo Forum I think it would be very handy if there was a colorcorrection Shader inside Indigo. In C4D there's a shader that offers possibilites to change Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Gamma, Low & High Clip, etc. If Indigo could provide these options directly an easy accessible I think this would be a really great thing as it definitely would increase working speed and ease of handling textures.

Kind regards

Christian

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Re: [REQ] Colorcorrection Shader

Post by zeitmeister » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:44 am

Big big +1!

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:40 am

I'm very much looking forward a modular edition feature for Indigo, grab-connect-tweak wise. Though I recon that I'd tell "it's an exporter thing" right now.
obsolete asset

contegufo

Post by contegufo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:53 am

Hi

The view of the rendering engines is a very crowded market (Indigo, Maxwell, Corona, MentalRay, Iray, Arnold, RenderMan etc.) and are required in addition to the financial capacity of the developer.
Glare Tech. is a small company of a few developers (3 or 4?) and we can not expect the impossible; there are priorities.
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti

Behrendt

Post by Behrendt » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:36 am

I'm fully aware that the Indigo team is quite small. Nonetheless I think that this shader might be implemented quite fast, in comparison to other requests. Also I think that usability is quite important for Indigo in order to develop and grow in the future, as usability is quite a big factor when it comes to rendering, especially in production. I love Indigos quality, but as a Freelancer I can't see it becoming my production renderer anytime soon, and this isn't due to speed issues, but mainly usability, as a lot of things are still quite tricky to achieve or need lots of workarounds, which proves difficult on deadlines. So I think every little improvement in terms of usability will ultimately benefit Indigo a lot. ;)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:42 am

Behrendt wrote:I'm fully aware that the Indigo team is quite small. Nonetheless I think that this shader might be implemented quite fast, in comparison to other requests. Also I think that usability is quite important for Indigo in order to develop and grow in the future, as usability is quite a big factor when it comes to rendering, especially in production. I love Indigos quality, but as a Freelancer I can't see it becoming my production renderer anytime soon, and this isn't due to speed issues, but mainly usability, as a lot of things are still quite tricky to achieve or need lots of workarounds, which proves difficult on deadlines. So I think every little improvement in terms of usability will ultimately benefit Indigo a lot. ;)
This. Ono did mention new postproduction tools are planned, maybe the same principles could be used to manipulate textures as well?

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:32 pm

We'll add this to the todo list. Actually it has been quite heavily requested for a while, so we'll try and make it happen in not too long. Technically it's not very difficult, I think. As usual most of the work will be exporter and UI support.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:07 am

Yes please!
Also with a function to adjust input level of textures via ISL, so the albedo color doesn't get over 204.
Its a real pain to modify every albedo texture in a scene to be in the 204 RGB spectrum!
polygonmanufaktur.de

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:37 am

Zom-B wrote:Yes please!
Also with a function to adjust input level of textures via ISL, so the albedo color doesn't get over 204.
Its a real pain to modify every albedo texture in a scene to be in the 204 RGB spectrum!
Setting b to 0.8 won't do the trick?

Eneen

Post by Eneen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:08 pm

IHMO it depends of gamma setting, you will need .91 with gamma 2.2 to get .8 reflectance.

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:09 pm

I've set a simple scene, one cube has only colour another has a white colour image, then tweaked such as they would both present the same colour strength in render, I had to lower from 0.8 which I used to use to 0.61 to get equivalence.
I've been living a lie! :O
Attachments
difference.rar
(196.42 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
ImageColour.jpg
ImageColour.pigs
(20.09 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

12 posts • Page 1 of 1