Norton Issues

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Marigold

Norton Issues

Post by Marigold » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi, I thought you might like to know that Norton Internet Security has been identifying Indigo as an unsafe program when I try to download it and it then promptly deletes it.

It was doing the same thing with Octane but they seem to have fixed their issue and it only complains about their program being unknown without deleting it now.

Jelko

Re: Norton Issues

Post by Jelko » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:24 am

Marigold wrote:Hi, I thought you might like to know that Norton Internet Security has been identifying Indigo as an unsafe program when I try to download it and it then promptly deletes it.

It was doing the same thing with Octane but they seem to have fixed their issue and it only complains about their program being unknown without deleting it now.
Hate to be the one to break it to you... but no one has used norton since like '95 for that exact same reason

In other news, there is probably a setting to turn norton off or disable it and for the the time being - then allocate the download into a "safe" program list or something similar.

Marigold

Re: Norton Issues

Post by Marigold » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Hate to be the one to break it to you... but no one has used norton since like '95 for that exact same reason

In other news, there is probably a setting to turn norton off or disable it and for the the time being - then allocate the download into a "safe" program list or something similar.
I wouldn't say that no one uses it...it's actually a very widely used program (my school uses it for example) and a problem with Norton could have cost this company a lot of sales. I personally am not happy with it simply because it does a very poor job of defending against hackers but it was cheap that year.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1