Why dees indigo RT export textures per frame?

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
CTZn

Re: Why dees indigo RT export textures per frame?

Post by CTZn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:34 am

Honestly animation with unbiased engines is quite a new paradigm, due to GPU developments mostly.
obsolete asset

doreamon

Post by doreamon » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 am

kklors wrote:Cindigo doesn't export those if you uncheck 'Save .IGI' for quite a while.
Otherwise a real bummer though haha. Happened to me once where a longer sequence filled up almost 2tb of hdd space and froze somewhere down the line because ran out of space : D
So Cindigo has an option not to save .igi?
How will the Indigo application render the sequence? Is it directly from c4d press a button and nothing gets exported to hdd but only to ram then indigo catches that and renders it instantly?

In other words is it working like Octane renderer?

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:14 am

No, not yet.
It is being exported temporarly every frame by frame.
But this octane-like live preview was promised to have with indigo and cindigo 4.

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

doreamon

Post by doreamon » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:45 pm

zeitmeister wrote:No, not yet.
But this octane-like live preview was promised to have with indigo and cindigo 4.

Cheers, zeiti
When its exported temporarily, is indigo already rendering the frames?

The issue with the Iclone exporter is the export process itself is taking a long time sometimes hours due to how it exports each frame and collecting all that mesh data and texture data. Each frame could be 100mb of data depending on the scene. And that data has duplicated static mesh and textures for succeeding frames.
So an animation with 600 frames is already 60gb of data. :lol:

The computer during the export process is unusable due to that heavy processing.

In octane I would have finished rendering that 600 frames in 2 hours.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:58 pm

One problem is that Indigo doesn't recognize / export some kind of "static mesh". Plus shared textures.
I guess.
Octane loads all into the VRAM and reloads only changed meshes / textures / tranformation nodes.
But this is a known problem and, as I said, was promised being resolved.

Personally I am doing car animations, and my scenes (due to very highres 3D-models and textures) are up to 12GB.
So I can't export animations; this makes absolutely no sense at the moment.
Cheers, David

·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:12 am

I'm investigating the C4D situation in regard to meshes.

doreamon

Post by doreamon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:07 am

zeitmeister wrote:One problem is that Indigo doesn't recognize / export some kind of "static mesh". Plus shared textures.
I guess.
Personally I am doing car animations, and my scenes (due to very highres 3D-models and textures) are up to 12GB.
So I can't export animations; this makes absolutely no sense at the moment.
Another user said that in Sketchup, indigo doesn't export static mesh per frame and doesn't export textures at all and only references the path to the textures. No duplication at all. That would be ideal.

Indigo should really only evaluate mesh deformations and animated textures and skip processing static items.
Geocache/pointcache/mdd is a good standard I/O for mesh deformation that work in many 3d appz. Indigo could use that format for animation.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:30 am

fused wrote:I'm investigating the C4D situation in regard to meshes.
Yeah! A clean roundup, coming with full motionblur subsampling support, full ISL shader (input fields) support and octane-like RAM/VRAM live rendering would be a killer for Cindigo 4.

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

·

kklors

Post by kklors » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:26 am

zeitmeister wrote:No, not yet.

Cheers, zeiti
I'm pretty sure it does, at least in the relevant context.
If I say have a scene in C4D and I choose to render it over Indigo standalone, it first bakes each and every frame to C in one go for all frames. If I specify a "Custom export path" it does it somewhere else, but still bakes all frames at once. (Not sure about instances)

Some simplistic scene to show what I mean to be clear:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oedbv4k01g03r ... t.zip?dl=0

In Render Settings in the Indigo export settings uncheck both 'Save .IGI' and 'Save .PNG'
This way I assume it skips anything standalone related.
In the C4D Save option pick a path and file extension and render over the picture viewer (Shift+R).
This way it has to build the scene per frame but doesn't bloat the hard drive saving off stuff, or at least it maybe does per frame and overwrites, but not for the whole sequence. In my example case C:\rndrtest\bllllaaa

If you would choose 'Render with Indigo' sending it off to standalone without specifying paths for it'S export it will save the frames per frame again located at: C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Indigo for Cinema 4D\quickrender

120% sure, because a month ago I rendered a 1200 frame sequence over the picture viewer that was 2.6 GB per frame without having 3.1tb on any drive.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:32 am

Same here, from my experience animating with Indigo is pretty hassle free, except for the rendering time. The "skip writing existing meshes" option is also nifty when it's just the camera that moves, and not the objects.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:21 am

Wow, Cindigo doesn't have that option!

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

·

perfahl

Post by perfahl » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:21 am

Shure, it only geht's hairy if you warnt to send it to ranchcomputing - only renderfarm supporting indigo. And they dont support cindigo, Same at rebusfarm.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:58 am

Rebus also supports indigo. Rebus is great.

doreamon

Post by doreamon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Oscar J wrote:Same here, from my experience animating with Indigo is pretty hassle free, except for the rendering time. The "skip writing existing meshes" option is also nifty when it's just the camera that moves, and not the objects.

Are you using Sketchup? There's no option like that to skip existing static mesh. And does it only reference the textures and not copy the same textures over and over again every frame?

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 pm

@oscar:
I like Rebus very much, they saved my ass several times when I did motiongraphics.
But now I do have some security restrictions here and so I can't give my renderjobs away.

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

·

30 posts