2nd Place 100

Re: Oscar's rendering thread

Post by zeitmeister » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Very cool again, Oscar!

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:17 am

Thanks!

Will update this scene with better tire material, slight perspective fixes and some other stuff.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:07 am

Seeing the forum is pretty much dead ATM, I'm just going to go ahead and put this out there. Not too happy with it, but don't have any more time with it right now. Hope you like it.
Attachments
ma-MHA_1704_8_98950_VirtualRig_Render_005.jpg

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:43 am

Great looking stuff, tires are looking way much better now! :D

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Oscar, you should sell your material library...

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanks zeit, but these materials are dead simple. :)

Hey, I just saw your VW Polo's on your website - that's pretty stunning! Why didn't you upload it here? Or maybe it isn't Indigo?

By the way guys - would love to hear some more comments on this black render - I think it might just be my best studio shot to date, and started thinking about sending it to Koenigsegg after seeing those mediocre official renders of the new Koenigsegg Regera...
kegg black 3 v2.jpg
Koenigsegg_Regera_rear_wing_down.jpg

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:38 am

Oscar J wrote:started thinking about sending it to Koenigsegg after seeing those mediocre official renders of the new Koenigsegg Regera...
Well you know I think you should!

This is, in terms of modelling and rendering, pretty much flawless Oscar... I wouldn't even know where to suggest tweaking anything to make it better. My only suggestion might be to soften the crispness VERY slightly in post... maybe a very subtle bloom on the highlights, or a tiny touch of CA to increase the realism... but these would all be completely personal taste!

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 am

try to weight the part of fear that prevented you to get in touch with the manufacturer already, and get over that ! In a sense, they've been asking for it !

How much better can you get anyway Oscar ? Better at their side imo. Just let someone check on your request so you don't make a silly mistake in the formulation and there you go, better have your mind made up about it.
obsolete asset

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:09 am

CTZn wrote:try to weight the part of fear that prevented you to get in touch with the manufacturer already, and get over that ! In a sense, they've been asking for it !

How much better can you get anyway Oscar ? Better at their side imo. Just let someone check on your request so you don't make a silly mistake in the formulation and there you go, better have your mind made up about it.
I'm not so much afraid as I'm concerned that by applying to these kinds of jobs I might be locking myself into the rendering field too much when I really mainly want to be a designer with an eye for visualisation. As always, thanks for your support guys. Have a feeling it won't be long until I send them that E-mail anyway. ;)

Juju

Post by Juju » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:20 pm

Oscar J wrote:
CTZn wrote:try to weight the part of fear that prevented you to get in touch with the manufacturer already, and get over that ! In a sense, they've been asking for it !

I'm not so much afraid as I'm concerned that by applying to these kinds of jobs I might be locking myself into the rendering field too much when I really mainly want to be a designer with an eye for visualisation. As always, thanks for your support guys. Have a feeling it won't be long until I send them that E-mail anyway. ;)
it could also be a stepping stone, who knows...
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks Oscar, but is it not I Indigo...
Beautiful black beast! I personally would reduce the white reflection of the side on the floor in photoshop.
And let the "Seitenschweller" burn out less, so you can recognize more detail.
But thats it for me... Great render!

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

·

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:14 pm

CTZn wrote:I'm not so much afraid as I'm concerned that by applying to these kinds of jobs I might be locking myself into the rendering field too much when I really mainly want to be a designer with an eye for visualisation.
I can relate to this exactly, I'm an Architect first and foremost, but I still manage to supplement my professional life, both with learning new related skills and financially (tho not very much :!: :roll: :lol: ) Don't let it hold you back tho, if you don't allow yourself to be seen as a 'one trick pony' you won't! You've got some awesome renders of your own designs here as well, and make sure people know that you are responsible for those designs too!

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Sun May 10, 2015 9:07 am

Doing some "manual rendering" while waiting for Indigo 4. :)
Attachments
ferrari5.jpg

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Wed May 13, 2015 5:53 am

Oscar J wrote:"manual rendering"
Tracing rays by hand? Yeah!
Sexy image, by the way :)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Thu May 21, 2015 5:05 am

We recently started taking classes in Alias (pretty much the industry standard in automotive modelling) and here's a project I'm currently working on with two classmates. There's some more work to be done on the model, and then hopefully a few beauty shots in Indigo if I find a way to import the model into blender with decent quality.

Cheers! :)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 18.47.34.jpg

852 posts