Indigo animation

Show off your final renders
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
doreamon

Indigo animation

Post by doreamon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:49 pm

This is a quick test I did with indigo. Indigo doesn't have the renderpasses, hair, and other goodies but so far I like the render engine core. Its more stable than octane imo. Its simple to learn compared to other renderers I'v used. I hope Glare and RL can work out the export better. There's 500000 potential customers for indigo.

Click the image for the Video!

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo animation

Post by Oscar J » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:22 am

Her running style isn't very energetic, looks like she has a sprained ankle or something. Is that some kind of animation preset? Because the transitions between the animations aren't exactly seamless, and there's some Jackson-esque moonwalking going on in places. Also the vegetation is moving around quite a lot, perhaps you could reduce that.

It's great to see some animation work though. Keep it up!

doreamon

Post by doreamon » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Yep its all just mocap mixed together in a couple of minutes. :lol:
Was testing more how indigo handles motion with small details in the background like those swaying trees.
I don't really see much animation with indigo so I wanted to test this before I do more animations with indigo.
I'm pretty impressed I don't get dancing pixels with indigo. Other renderers would have a hard time with them and removing noise, too. The renderer core engine is pretty solid.
Its too bad indigo is not as integrated into all 3d appz like octane, vray, etc. The IPR would be so useful inside the 3d app.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Yes, good integration with the 3D applications is a bit of an Achilles' heel for Indigo

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:03 am

Oh, and Indigo certainly does have passes - shadow pass, material ID pass, Z-depth, alpha rendering... Sure it doesn't have a reflection pass yet, but hopefully that will happen at some point in the future as well.

doreamon

Post by doreamon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm using indigo RT so its more limited. :lol:
But the render time I got for that test is less than 2 min per frame. Much better than what I could get with octane to get rid of noise and avoid dancing pixels. Pretty good engine.
But octane has support for a lot of passes, hair, and native integration. You can't have it all I guess.

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Indigo is faster than Octane?
Out of curiosity, what GPU do you have?

Suv

7 posts • Page 1 of 1