IndigoMax 0.3.12

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
subpixel
Developer

IndigoMax 0.3.12

Post by subpixel » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Hello all,

Here's a quick minor update for IndigoMax.

Changes:
  • Added: compilation for max 2015
  • Done: Updated to IndigoSDK 3.8.19
  • Fixed: Crash when rendering empty MultiScatter object
Download:
IndigoMax 0.3.12
IndigoMax RT 0.3.12

Notes:
Versions: max2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 64bit.

More to come soon.

Cheers,
Jake

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Re: IndigoMax 0.3.12

Post by suvakas » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:51 pm

So Max development is down to one update per year?
What happened?

Suv

zed_pmd
Indigo 100

Post by zed_pmd » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:26 am

Hi,

thats all?? Max's users (and me ;) are waiting for a NEW version with new features and bug fixes...
For now IndigoMax i not usable in real projects. Only for fun... It's very unstable... It's a strange for me because Indigo it's a commercial renderer.
So... good luck ;) I still hope for a more stable and more funcional version - soon ;)

Could you share us what main features will be in next release? Thanks in advance!

Regards
Zed

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:29 am

Hi Zed,
New features will be released soon.
If you are experiencing crashes, please post bug reports so we can get them fixed.

zed_pmd
Indigo 100

Post by zed_pmd » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:34 am

Hi Ono!

Thanks for a quick reply.
Ok I'll post bugs on a forum.

I'm waiting impatiently for pure GPU rendering technology ;)

Regards,
Zed

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:29 am

zed_pmd wrote:thats all?? Max's users (and me ;) are waiting for a NEW version with new features and bug fixes...
For now IndigoMax i not usable in real projects. Only for fun... It's very unstable... It's a strange for me because Indigo it's a commercial renderer.
So... good luck ;) I still hope for a more stable and more functional version - soon ;)

Could you share us what main features will be in next release? Thanks in advance!
As an example: The Big success of Corona Renderer is not mainly because of speed or output quality,
but because of some awesome 3D Max integration, something that Glare ignores since day 1.

The success of a renderengine rises & falls with the integration in the 3D workflow, ergo the exporter development,
but here we only get cookies if we cry out loud. In the case of IndigoMax we only get cookie crumbs :(
polygonmanufaktur.de

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:52 am

Zom-B wrote:
zed_pmd wrote:thats all?? Max's users (and me ;) are waiting for a NEW version with new features and bug fixes...
So... good luck ;) I still hope for a more stable and more functional version - soon ;)

As an example: The Big success of Corona Renderer is not mainly because of speed or output quality,
but because of some awesome 3D Max integration, something that Glare ignores since day 1.

The success of a renderengine rises & falls with the integration in the 3D workflow, ergo the exporter development,
but here we only get cookies if we cry out loud. In the case of IndigoMax we only get cookie crumbs :(
We've never ignored 3ds max integration, please go easy on the hyperbole.

We have some more improvements for IndigoMax in the pipeline.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:25 am

it was not my intention to troll around, but regarding the exporter topic I get quite emotional :?
OnoSendai wrote:We've never ignored 3ds max integration, please go easy on the hyperbole.
IndigoMax 0.3.11 was released on 3Feb 2014, thats 10 months ago, now only a "quick fix" without any further progress...
Call me over dramatic, but I call that: ignoring the Exporter (at least for 10 months)
Exporter development mainly for Max has a tradition for long periods between updates, staying far away from being work proof.

Blendigo and Skindigo developement silently ended by the original devs, been taking over by Glare with some nice progress since then, kudos!
Same for the C4D exporter where I'm quite involved regarding bugreporting and betatesting,
some amazing and frequent job done here by fused!

But Maya exporter is discontinued and the Max exporter still in a alpha stage, developement started 04 January 2012...
3 years ago!!
OnoSendai wrote:We have some more improvements for IndigoMax in the pipeline.
Possible, but the development at this rate is quite.... critical :(

Or am I the only one seeing this elephant in the room??!
polygonmanufaktur.de

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:52 pm

We need to get the passion back to Max development :!:
I remember, that in the beginning subpixel seemed to be full of optimism and was eager to start to make things better. Somehow all this energy has vanished?
At the moment the plugin doesn't have features even the old script had years ago... I don't visit offten, but Max forum seems dead around here?
Glare, maybe Subpixel needs a better motivation? :wink:

Suv

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:29 pm

No Zom-B, your're not the only one.
No stable exporters for the biggest 3D packages out there is definitively a problem for any renderer. Of course it might be a smart move to go for a specialized audience (Revit) as a niche product, with perhaps less competition (well, Maxwell and Octane are already there...). But as Corona shows, even in the crowded market of Max plugins, you can get some attention with a cool product. How much of the attention remains once they go commercial has to be seen yet... and their unbiased part of the renderer seems to be crap, they even warn about using it alone on their website :roll:

Of course that is purely Glare's concern and not mine. I am quite happy with Blendigo, and hope Indigo development continues in its own awesomeness for years to come, for my personal fun and my mainly pro bono clients :lol:

Go Glare!

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:51 am

I came to this awesome place using Max and Vue for my work. When I saw this renderer, I started thinking how can I use it in this pipeline, and since there was no other option, and I loved it, I just quited those apps, and moved on to the Cinema4D, since it's exporter was done masterfully. The point is, adapt to Indigo, not the other way around! xD Just kidding, ofc. Would like to see it grow for the other apps as well. Go Indigo!

tar_gniK
3D Software: 3ds Max

Post by tar_gniK » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:54 am

suvakas wrote:We need to get the passion back to Max development :!:
I remember, that in the beginning subpixel seemed to be full of optimism and was eager to start to make things better. Somehow all this energy has vanished?
At the moment the plugin doesn't have features even the old script had years ago... I don't visit offten, but Max forum seems dead around here?
Glare, maybe Subpixel needs a better motivation? :wink:

Suv

Lol, I am still using Maxigo - and I am stuck on Max 2012 as a result. But given you won't consider updating it for newer versions....

Happy to support IndigoMax but options seem thin on the ground.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:07 am

Hi tar_gniK,
Which features do you need that IndigoMax doesn't have yet?

tar_gniK
3D Software: 3ds Max

Post by tar_gniK » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:24 am

Hi OnoSendai,

I know it wasn't fully developed but Maxigo had a scatter function that worked really well - I produced scenes with grass etc that actually stood up to the standalone third-party packages - similar to what you are developing for SketchUp.

I raised also with Subpixel some issues with colour reproduction - Max has an annoying gamma toggle - but with IndigoMax the colour and exposure works differently to what I expected under normal circumstances. If I raise the exposure, the colour tone changes, which did not happen with Maxigo.
Last edited by tar_gniK on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dcm

Post by dcm » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:24 am

Well...

edit : i had my post written but lemme try this exporter again. AFAIK, month ago i closed max 5 minutes after testing IndigoMax. I still feel some kind of love to Indigo and IndigoMax have potential. But its still far from finished and production ready.

16 posts