First rendering with Indigo for Sketchup

Show off your final renders
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Alex Camalda

First rendering with Indigo for Sketchup

Post by Alex Camalda » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:33 am

Here's my first render done with Sketchup and rendered with SkIndigo.
Attachments
Test Cuisine3.jpg
Alejandro Sebastian

Headroom
Indigo 100

Re: First rendering with Indigo for Sketchup

Post by Headroom » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Very nice !
iMac 2.93 GHz Quad Core i7. 12 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
Blender 2.72, Blendigo 3.8.25, Indigo 3.8.26

Trippy Lighting LLC - Colorful LED lighting systems
High Power RGB LED driver - Blog

bacon
3rd Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by bacon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:39 pm

I like it, the atmosphere and inviting warm cosy lighting makes it look and
feel more real in a way...

However the nr 1 giveaway in kitchen renders is the mandatory wine bottle and glasses..
This I'm really allergic against, in fact I'm having problem seeing a winebottle on a bench in
my own kitchen nowadays.. feels like I'm in a rendering :)

Also if realism is sought after, then a good tip is to go and snap a picture of your own
kitchen right away, and then analyze to see that chairs is not in a perfect line and
all small imperfections (maybe stains etc..) here and there.
Plus probably some stuff lying around that don't belong there :)

Then you get a good realism.. and not a perfected picture rendering that might look
like a decorator done some photos for selling an apartment if you trying hard to look for
realism..
(Maybe i don't need to say how tired I am of all those perfected kitchen renders around the net) ;-)

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 pm

BTW the image feels quite natural, althought there are some small imperfections here and there.
I suggest you start by raising all the furniture from the floor by an amount of 0.5/1mm (gap due to floor and/or furniture planar imperfections). Also, the oven really lacks a good detailing and seems flat compared to the rest of the room.

Good work overall, for a first rendering!

Alex Camalda

Post by Alex Camalda » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:59 am

Thank you very much Headroom, bacon and Pibuz for taking the time to comment my post. I take note of your constructive comments which will help me improve this art. Again thank you very much! Best regards.
Alex
Alejandro Sebastian

Mor4us
3rd Place Winner
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Mor4us » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:53 am

Good overall quality, but it lacks of good composition. Your viewpoint feels to high. Even if you're 1,8m tall, your camera viewpoint feels more natural when choosing lower height.
for example I'd choose 0,8-1,2m for close-up shots or 1,4-1,6m for wide-angle shots.

best regards
Markus
C4D R20 Studio
mad-imagery.com

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:25 am

Yeah. Also choose the camera angle to keep your verticals vertical, tone down the saturation on some of those wood textures, and make the curtains look a little less solid. This should improve the image significantly.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:40 am

..I think that the comments by Oscar and Mor4us aim to a "conventional" archviz shot: straight lines, good composition, discreet colours.. These are obviously good, and a real MUST for the "archviz" as we usually intend it but...are they actually ALWAYS correct?

I mean: look at the curtains, look at the style of the objects in general, look at the materials (not the quality of the materials: just the materials he has chosen): the scene here seems to represent an everyday life moment, not a scene from an architectural magazine.

I actually think that some "improvisation" really fits well here.. the too yellow-ish overall tint, the "banal" furniture, the unusual pov.. With some smart postpro (..such as glare, chromatic aberration...) this could easily turn into a shot taken with a low-end camera, with no specific architectural purpose intended.

I actually really enjoy renders like this.

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:08 am

I have to agree Pibuz, (and I know I am an Arch-Viz offender!) it's always nice to see some more natural shots. i remember some fantastic renders on here from years ago by suvakas (of a kitchen) and enricocerica (a concrete house) that are still some of best things I've seen on this site and were by no means conventional Arch-Viz shots

9 posts • Page 1 of 1