How to save my render settings ?

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
Smukkehansen

How to save my render settings ?

Post by Smukkehansen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi Indigo,

When I have the perfect render settings, how can I save it and use it for the other SketchUp scenes ?

Best,
Jesper

ritter
Indigo 100

Re: How to save my render settings ?

Post by ritter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:51 am

YES , please .... storable Rendersettings would be a great timesaver .....

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:46 am

Big, big request since ever!!!
And the ability to import that file to the host 3D application!!

Grüsse, zeiti
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

Juju

Post by Juju » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 pm

:arrow: Smukkehansen
:arrow: ritter
:arrow: zeitmeister

what they said -> +1
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:46 pm

That would be pretty cool. +1 at the moment this is my way of saving render settings :lol:

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:13 pm

What about cpu throttling? We already have a "background mode" but what about a few more options to chose how much we want indigo to use our cpu. More control over system usage would be awesome. Maybe even a display that shows ram usage? :wink:

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:11 pm

neo0. wrote:What about cpu throttling? We already have a "background mode" but what about a few more options to chose how much we want indigo to use our cpu. More control over system usage would be awesome. Maybe even a display that shows ram usage? :wink:
you have. on task manager you can select how many cpus you have active

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:56 am

pixie wrote:
neo0. wrote:What about cpu throttling? We already have a "background mode" but what about a few more options to chose how much we want indigo to use our cpu. More control over system usage would be awesome. Maybe even a display that shows ram usage? :wink:
Right but then you have to press ctrl-alt-del and go hunt for indigo. :) It is hardly as good as having a small reference in program that you can judge how much resources indigo is using. Like maybe a graph for cpu and ram under "render settings" or something. I dont know, truth be told i havent used indigo for a few years, i just expected some more changes to the ui. :) A new color picker was something ive wanted to see for awhile. The current one is a bit limited.

This one looks very nice
http://www.colourlovers.com/copaso/ColorPaletteSoftware

Drag and drop material assignment? At the moment, indigo just gives us one choice for the material pallette (a list.) What if we could have the choice of switching to thumbnail previews. This would be awesome because then we could instantly judge which materal is what isntead of having to go "okay, what exactly did I call this again." :)

All i am saying is there are alot of exciting things that could be done with indigo's ui. :D

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 am

neo0. wrote:
pixie wrote:
Right but then you have to press ctrl-alt-del and go hunt for indigo. :) It is hardly as good as having a small reference in program that you can judge how much resources indigo is using. Like maybe a graph for cpu and ram under "render settings" or something. I dont know, truth be told i havent used indigo for a few years, i just expected some more changes to the ui. :) A new color picker was something ive wanted to see for awhile. The current one is a bit limited.

This one looks very nice
http://www.colourlovers.com/copaso/ColorPaletteSoftware

Drag and drop material assignment? At the moment, indigo just gives us one choice for the material pallette (a list.) What if we could have the choice of switching to thumbnail previews. This would be awesome because then we could instantly judge which materal is what isntead of having to go "okay, what exactly did I call this again." :)

All i am saying is there are alot of exciting things that could be done with indigo's ui. :D
You just have to use it wisely, order the tasks by cpu usage indigo will stay always above all programs when rendering. Keep it open all the time and problems solved. Having to go to a special place in indigo, two or three clicks away doesn't seem any better.

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Another idea that i had. :)

What about being able to copy light settings from one light to another? What about being able to load ies lights in indgo? But yeah, i agree being able to save render settings would be amazing!

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:53 am

This is not a "random ideas I like to barf out" thread, please try and stick to topic.

11 posts • Page 1 of 1