Shameless Self Promotion!

Show off your final renders
Zom-B
1st Place 100

Shameless Self Promotion!

Post by Zom-B » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:59 pm

I decided to start a thread to throw in finished work of me 8)
Feel free to drop some C&C and ask if you want to know about techniques etc.

Victoria Camera Animation

I'll start with a short 3D camera animation I did for a fashion show directed by a friend.
First time "organic" stuff from me, it was quite hard to get something with an dark mood and be convincing.

Click the image for the Video!

Cabin Design

Here another animation aroject for a ship cabin design. The whole scene is rendered with Indigo, but the water was done in C4D and edited into the whole composition during post process. The whole Video has some explanation of the concept with a photo sideshow at the beginning, go to min 1 for the 3D!

Click the image for the Video!
Last edited by Zom-B on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
polygonmanufaktur.de

dakiru
Indigo 100

Re: Shameless Self Promotion!

Post by dakiru » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:03 am

Cool, keep it coming 8)

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:07 am

As I am looking at the image, I think I am missing a small portion of cuticula on the nail. Or it was just so nicely cut? :)

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 am

dakiru wrote:As I am looking at the image, I think I am missing a small portion of cuticula on the nail. Or it was just so nicely cut? :)
The Model is Victoria 6 from Daz 3D, I posed it inside DAZ and exported to C4D. Actually I'm quite happy with this animation not endeing in a disaster since it was my first "organic" work, and it will stay so foir a long time I hope :lol:
polygonmanufaktur.de

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:34 am

Very nice work Mr Zom-B :!:

I'd been tinkering with a bit of animation myself just today! For the cabin model what resolution did you render and (out of interest) what spp did you find worked as a halt for the frames for this kind of scene? Did you do these on your own machines or did you get a farm to do them?

Very inspirational as ever! Keep up the good work!

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:41 am

Really nice, both of them. Skin shader works really well, though she looked a bit sick or cold or something as her skin was kinda purple.

Interior was beautiful of course!

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:14 am

bubs wrote:I'd been tinkering with a bit of animation myself just today! For the cabin model what resolution did you render and (out of interest) what spp did you find worked as a halt for the frames for this kind of scene? Did you do these on your own machines or did you get a farm to do them?
I rendered the whole animation @ 3840x2160 at my small home Renderfarm of 3 overclocked 4770k.
I rendered the images up to 85spp taking between 10 - 18 minutes per frame...

Then I took the output and run it through a temporal Denoiser (Neat Video) that only denoised based the differences between 5 images... twice!
By that I could kill 95% of all noise, working in 4k resolution I could downsample to 1080 and keep all the crisp details.

Here are some coped images of before and after denoising:

Before:

After:

Here are the two full frames:
before
after

I worked with Indigos 32bit EXR output to prevent banding, and maximize the work of the Denoiser!
I suggest that this images would have even less noise using latest Indigo build, but this was rendered 1,5 months ago...
For animation rendering every % of speedup, or quality improvement is worth a lot, since it kicks in for every frame and ends up with a easier job for the Denoiser!
Oscar J wrote:Skin shader works really well, though she looked a bit sick or cold or something as her skin was kinda purple.
Yes, the whole mode and color aimed to look dark & sick, here the link to the whole Video where it was used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td5rxKlNEhM
My short passage is around min 2.20 :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:20 am

Wow :shock: that is some serious de-noising! wouldn't have thought it possible to clean the frames up that much. I must check out that software.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:29 am

bubs wrote:Wow :shock: that is some serious de-noising! wouldn't have thought it possible to clean the frames up that much. I must check out that software.
The slower the camera moves, the closer the content of the frames is together, the better it works!
Important is to use the temporal feature only, so noise only gets determined by frames differances.
polygonmanufaktur.de

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:31 am

So that denoiser doesnt work for stills?

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:04 am

Oscar J wrote:So that denoiser doesnt work for stills?
I've tried Topaz denoise for stills and found it very good. You can download a free trial, it works as a plugin for Photoshop and is pretty easy to use.

aleksandera

Post by aleksandera » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:47 am

Great job here! :shock:

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:45 am

Oscar J wrote:So that denoiser doesnt work for stills?
well... actually not!
Temporal denoising is about determining the differences between frames.... frames... so its a bunch of images! :)

You need a bunch of images to denoise the crap out of them!
polygonmanufaktur.de

trutextures

Post by trutextures » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:05 am

*groans*

And there's me feeling pleased with myself for creating my first Indigo Material lol

I don't think there's enough years in my life to learn what you know...a little piece of me just died with envy
:lol:

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 am

trutextures wrote:I don't think there's enough years in my life to learn what you know...a little piece of me just died with envy :lol:
The animations are super easy camera animations, with some stuff moving from A to B once in a while for opening a window etc. :wink:

I successfully teached Indigo to two people already, and that only took a few weeks via chat a few minutes a day!
If you have some general 3D knowledge its easy to adapt that to Indigo and learn the material system only takes a few days.
polygonmanufaktur.de

88 posts