kklors render stuff

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
kklors

Re: kklors render stuff

Post by kklors » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:32 am

Thank you! Yeah it's an elevator or space tourist ramp. One of these scenes where you could add details into eternity.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:15 am

i'm loving the touring here !
obsolete asset

kklors

Post by kklors » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:29 am

Thanks!

Man I'm so digging your, yonosoy's and Ono's volume/cloud stuff so hard at the moment! Got like zillions of scenes planned that use it. For me these volumetrics inside Indigo are like a 2005 equivalent of reflections; stuff I'm going to wank to real hard for quite some time to come. In the last scene I've used volumes as well, but not that much yet.

It offers quite a lot of different lighting setups too. Staging the clouds is still trial and error and quite some pain in the ass though. Especially when you're looking at them from above and need gaps to see stuff behind them etc.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:30 am

kklors wrote:It offers quite a lot of different lighting setups too. Staging the clouds is still trial and error and quite some pain in the ass though. Especially when you're looking at them from above and need gaps to see stuff behind them etc.
Weather stays unpredictable :)
Why don't you simply bole a whole in your cloud mesh, the shader should work "around" such wholes nicely, or am I super wrong here :?: :?: :?:
polygonmanufaktur.de

kklors

Post by kklors » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Haha!

Yeah I know what you mean, but unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than that, because where the boole cut or end of geometry will be, there will be a clean cut into the clouds.
Like here for example where the clouds go lower than the geometry container.

You can't match it really either, because around the edges of the clouds there will be some sort of gradient fade, so even if you exactly knew the cloud shape and would remodel the boole or edge in high poly you'd still won't have the real deal fade : /

This applies to a situation like this as well:

You'd still need to move around the noise until a cloud puff is slightly smaller as the suggested geo. Or otherwise it would look sort of like this with a wrong offset.

Is there a way to avoid that? I'm obviously way too noob to figure it out so far. Logically the clouds would need to see where the mesh ends and avoid it or fade away near edges or something.
Also haven't tried really hard, but is there a certain value that scales the whole thing globally?
So far it's supposed to work on kilometer sized meshes. Is there a way to scale it down to say a 10x10x10 cm cube? Obviously scale along with position offset would make life easier staging as well.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:05 am

ISL would allow to specify points and even shapes of exclusion if one can model them. Also a displacement shader for a terrain could be duplicated into a volumetric shader so the terrain can affect the clouds density. That's something I want to try for a long time !
obsolete asset

kklors

Post by kklors » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:05 am

That would be awesome! The second solution sounds better because I assume it's less rigid?
If one could specify shapes by name but being able to change them during the working process that would be extremely nice though. Points sounds rigid, as the point count could change any time.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:52 am

better off, the two techniques can be combinated. a point can be user-controled if you think of it as a vec3, wich it is.

I would gladly contribute should you let me. I should ask myself more for help in order to progress better !
obsolete asset

kklors

Post by kklors » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 am

A small animation project I made somewhen last year during 5 days. It has it's flaws here and there but that was pretty much the best I got out with the concept back then within the timeframe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3erlUfylFAE

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:39 am

...what?!? I quit!

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Crazy dope...
You have a great knack for the abstract, no idea how you even start going about getting some of those effects.

kklors

Post by kklors » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Haha thanks <3

It was fun because it was completely random shooting out particles and doing stuff. Having some sort of time pressure and having to do every shot on the first try was spontaneous and fun.

kklors

Post by kklors » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:09 am

Stuff : D
Attachments
noisebla.jpg

aleksandera

Post by aleksandera » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:47 pm

Green clouds, packed ready to ship.. ;) Looking great,
ah I wish I could figure out, how to handle with clouds out from Blender.. :(

kklors

Post by kklors » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks! In this case I used Ono's pyroclastic noise shader: http://www.indigorenderer.com/sites/def ... test_0.png

Can't find the post, but he shared it somewhere. I just saved it and reapplied it to a mesh and than put in various values till it looked sort of interesting.

343 posts