DEV-thread - Blendigo v0.7 - material-editor-exporter

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:13 am

If you add this exponent - stuff, can you also add a variable export size?
For now, it's m, but this Way, Blenders highest accuraty is mm... sometimes, you need smaller things! And also big houses can get very big! If you make buildings which are (i.E. Empire State) more than 500m high, or (many) 1000+*1000+ m wide, you'd need to resize the whole scene...

drBouvierLeduc

Post by drBouvierLeduc » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:59 am

zuegs wrote: @drBouvierLeduc:
New "SHIFT" function? I know this stuff but since when indigo supports this???? Gimme a link to this please.
Hi, sorry I was not clear, let me say this another way :
I don't know if indigo supports this feature, I just saw it in blender, and it *seems* quite simple : basically in blender, you just move the viewport without moving the camera itself.
I thought it could be "translated" to indigo in some way when exporting the camera coordinates... But it seems a bit more complicated.
Anyway, this is not a must-have feature, but if it's easy to implement in the exporter, it would be *very* appreciated.

Thanks for your work,

And... good night !

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:03 pm

tungee wrote:hi wedge, it could cause some problems.
for example when you have focus distance at 0.001 ,the picture is a little bitblurred!if dont wanna depth of field you must use 0.000001.
another example is dispersion: 0.001 have a lotof dispersion in it! so values around 0.00004 are better for decent dispersion.
Yes, you are right. I was very tired when I wrote my post. I need to make it clearer.

I will rephrase that instead of saying: "I just wanted to say that yes I noticed Blender seems to work with four digits behind the decimal. (.1234) I am not sure why the exporter uses six in some places, this is something I was looking at when I posted the latest update shortly ago. I think maybe it was just that way since python float formatter defaults to six digits (.123456) if you do not set it yourself."

I will say: I am curious to why the Indigo exporter (from 06) uses more than 4 decimal places when referring to the relevant exported values from Blender. Since in Blender, they have 4 decimal places, and please correct me here if Blender uses more than 4, why the Indigo exporter uses 6 decimal places for these related values. I wonder if it was just set to default, or if there was a reason for this.

As for the other values, I can see what you mean. :)

I hope I'm not going off topic, I think it is relevant to all Blender exporters.
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:58 pm

I got problem, with albedo path with last version of script. Script always export path for texture with "../../" at beggining of path. Must to erase it manualy. Well I don't know is this script problem or ?

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi SreckoM:
hmmm, it works for windows but if you use linux you can help me by giving my some details: what is the path name you see in blendigo GUI for albedo? what is your indigo path? what is the path you get in the XML file after export?

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:03 pm

Hmm here comes surprise, I'm using windows. Indigo is on C:/indigo_test5
, path that I see is corect, that's one I choose, but in XML file it add '../../' as I sad before.
For example ' c:/mytextures/testre.jpg ', in gui it is corectly displayed but after writing xml file it look like this: ' ../../c:/mytextures/testre.jpg ', and that is causing scene loader failure. I'm gona try do download script once more, do I need to delete previous scripts or what ? Everything else works perfect btw.

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:18 am

@SreckoM:
As you use windows i assume that all your pathes uses the back-slash "\" as directory separator and not the normal slash "/".
It's possible that the path generator is a bit case-sensitive... if your indigo path is "C:\indigo_test5" please try it with lower-case characters "c:\indigo_test5".
Please give me a feedback, thanks :)
BTW... if you have beta3 nothing has changed since... so you don't need to download again, but to be sure you can do it anyway :wink: (just replace the file and restert blender)

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:31 am

Everything is small case, but problem persist. Download again script but no changes, still exporting with additional characters. Can u explain how script works, that path generator?
And is this happening only to me? How can I change to use normal slash, is it possible?

EDIT: sorry I relize that I told u that it is adding ' ../../ 'but it add ' ..\..\ ' if it has some meaning for u. As u sad everything is in backslash. Problem happens with bumo mup texture too.

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:19 am

Ah, I managed it to work now,
I replace this part of script in relpath method

Code: Select all

return ('..' + os.sep) * (len(baselist) - i) + os.sep.join(targetlist[i:])
with this (just delete some things):

Code: Select all

return os.sep.join(targetlist[i:])
and now works like charm, I don't know why this happened just to me but ...

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:34 am

SreckoM: thx for tests... i will look at it this evening (europe) as i'am currently at work. Main problem is that this "relpath" function should finally work for windows and linux... so it's a bit hard to get it right but with yours addtional test i hope i can fix it to work for every system and directory-combination :D

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:14 am

@SreckoM:
i can't reproduce your path-problem on windows :cry: . Do you have installed python? Which version? And can you post the console output just after you loaded blendigo? What does it report as "os.sep" on your system? front- or back-slash? Many questions but the only way to help u :wink:

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 am

SMALL UPDATE
- max. turbidity to 20
- added exponent for linear tonemapping
- absorption color inversion on GUI removed (by SmartDen)
NOTE: it could happen that your older scenes will have an inverted absorption color after loading with this version, sorry :wink:

Kyokutan

Post by Kyokutan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:14 am

- absorption color inversion on GUI removed (by SmartDen)
Well...the color preview is still inverse. RGB 1 1 0: the preview shows blue and the render too . And i like it like this.

But now the SSS color preview is inverse and i think this is wrong. SSS 0 0 1 gives a yellow preview, but the render shows blue...and thats logical...blue rays gets scattered-> appears blue.

IanC

Post by IanC » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:52 am

Anyone having a problem with large meshes?

I've got a scene, but it's crashing then I load the exporter (not when I try and export). It's got one mesh with about 300-400k faces. I can export it with the other blender exporter, but I'm having normal problems with that one.

Kyokutan

Post by Kyokutan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:02 am

The problem occur when you select a large mesh and then try to start the exporter. I think it got something to to with the material editor...
Just select a small mesh (just add a cube and assign a material) and then start the exporter...and avoid selecting a high poly mesh or the exporter can freez

522 posts