Creative flair rendering style....

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
maeglin1

Re: Creative flair rendering style....

Post by maeglin1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:55 am

I suppose I will have to win the next competition. Cannot let the Germans keep winning everything :lol:
And maybe I can prove my point....though it got abit lost in translation :roll:

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:22 pm

maeglin1 wrote:I suppose I will have to win the next competition.
what happened
:?:

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:38 am

hey just a note, probably off topic: IIRC, camera profiles files are editable somehow, and the shading language would allow some cell-like effects.
obsolete asset

maeglin1

Post by maeglin1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:10 am

CTZn wrote:hey just a note, probably off topic: IIRC, camera profiles files are editable somehow, and the shading language would allow some cell-like effects.
I did not understand what you said....could you explain it more simply. Thanks :roll: :roll:

aleksandera

Post by aleksandera » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:28 am

maeglin1 wrote:My avatar is a painting (Oil). I hope to combine Indigo with Fine Art somehow. Indigo software is doing all the work. Yes, you tweak buttons and talk shop.... and get realistic results.... but that's dull. You have to bring something of yourself to the genre. Something new. Eventually the renders will get soooo good that it will be done with one click....like a digital camera.... but where's the art in that :(

I could be wrong....but hope I'm right 8)

Actually I'm looking in the same direction. That now makes three of us(?)
I suggest you read the book The War of Art | Steven Pressfield.
It's a good one.
BTW there is no fur-hair in Indigo :( I was testing Luxrender lately, which does export hair from Blender
OMG it is slow as hell! Ups wrong topic :oops:

Best regards!
Alex

maeglin1

Post by maeglin1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:48 am

aleksandera wrote:
maeglin1 wrote:My avatar is a painting (Oil). I hope to combine Indigo with Fine Art somehow. Indigo software is doing all the work. Yes, you tweak buttons and talk shop.... and get realistic results.... but that's dull. You have to bring something of yourself to the genre. Something new. Eventually the renders will get soooo good that it will be done with one click....like a digital camera.... but where's the art in that :(

I could be wrong....but hope I'm right 8)

Actually I'm looking in the same direction. That now makes three of us(?)
I suggest you read the book The War of Art | Steven Pressfield.
It's a good one.
BTW there is no fur-hair in Indigo :( I was testing Luxrender lately, which does export hair from Blender
OMG it is slow as hell! Ups wrong topic :oops:
Alex Roman had an artistic background. His parents and brother are artists too... which explain alot about his unique work. Early on in Picasso's career he painted a series of paintings that were very detailed. Then he ditched that style for Cubism.... as if to say to the world.... I can do realism if I want but, now lets try another approach. It's the same for me. I want to push the realism as best I can.... then experiment with another direction.
I recently got Corel Painter X3 which is a superb program for creating a painterly style. What's good about it is that you can get a render or photo and manipulate it so it becomes more artistic and less rigid. Like Photoshop but much better.
Thanks for the book tip. I will check it out :)

aleksandera

Post by aleksandera » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am

You're welcome! :)

Alex Romans animations use post-processed bokeh. He does this in
AE with Frischluft Lenscare and depth maps I believe.
Got to try this once.. O, and If you would like a very quick look on
how photography ore a render looks like it was painted, than
you must try Alien Skin snap art ;)

maeglin1

Post by maeglin1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:07 pm

You can use the same software....Magic Bullet Photolooks Software as a Photoshop plugin. They do it for AE for animation like you mentioned. Apparently Alex Roman uses a warm and cold colour CRUSH combined to get an effect. This info I picked up from the net in the last two weeks.

Another great plugin I discovered for Photoshop is RED GIANT Knoll Light Factory. It creates lens flair and natural sunrise and sunset to imitate the camera. I real must to make your renders pop :P

If you know of any other plugins or tips please tell.... it's all very useful :D

23 posts