Maxwell V3

Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
SaphireS
Indigo 100

Maxwell V3

Post by SaphireS » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:38 am

Did you guys already see the new Maxwell features?

http://www.maxwellrender.com/V3/feature/

Pretty nice additions, people seem to really love the "Deep Compositing", as well as incorporating new standards like Alembic or OpenSubDivision.
Just wanted to bring this to attention, since Maxwell still seems to be the industry standard when it comes to unbiased rendering. (Or am I wrong?)
Your ad here!

Polinalkrimizei

Re: Maxwell V3

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:27 am

Oh nice!
Maxwell is still industry standard for unbiased rendering of stills. from what I've heard, it is not as intuitive as Indigo (apart from a, b and c values...) and not as fast in direct comparison. Never used it though :)
I think unbiased rendering will really become a HUGE industry in the next years, as computers are finally fast enough (and programs advanced enough optimisation wise) to use it productively. Nowadays we see entire movies rendered with unbiased programs like arnold or more or less unbiased latest renderman.
And maxwell surely has a good starting point! The thing is, when you need an expert to distuinguish two programs in terms of functionality, ease-of-use will decide which one you'll actually use. That's why really good exporters are soooo important...

But maxwell developers are surely paying attention to this forums, they even copied galinette's brilliant stained glass mat:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/V3/feature/procedurals :evil:

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:35 am

... and now that I've actually seen all the "new" maxwell features: congratz to glare, a much smaller company, but way ahead of the competition! 8)

Seriously, deep compositing looks cool, but all the rest does look familiar, doesn't it?!

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:44 am

Love the projector feature thingie ;)

kklors

Post by kklors » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Yeah deep compo is the shit. Really hope this will become a standard soon.
Probably spent thousands of hours of my life tweaking mattes and other stuff that are a one click solution with deep compositing.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1