SkIndigo 3.6.21.3 (beta)

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
OnoSendai
Developer

SkIndigo 3.6.21.3 (beta)

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:06 am

Hello,

This is a beta release - please test. You need Indigo 3.6.0 or greater to use this version.

To Install:
1) Download RBZ file from link below
2) In SketchUp, go to Window->Preferences->Extensions
3) Uncheck the SkIndigo checkbox, press OK, restart SketchUp
4) In SketchUp, go to Window->Preferences->Extensions->Install Extension
5) Select the RBZ file you downloaded
6) Check the SkIndigo checkbox again.
7) Restart Sketchup again.

NOTE: this elaborate process is to make sure the asset files get updated properly, which doesn't work if the extension is enabled.

Some features are WIP. You can now create custom preview scenes by selecting 'New.." from the preview scene dropdown list. You just need to have a material in your scene named 'previewmaterial'. There is no way yet to delete a custom preview scene. They are stored here:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Indigo Renderer\su_preview_scenes

Changelog:

#Version 3.6.21.3

#SketchUp color changes now trigger automatic refresh of the SkIndigo material editor
#Reverted to original behavior (prior to 3.6.21) when a new material is created. All SketchUp and Indigo attributes are copied from the currently selected material to the new one
#Updated included material preview scenes.
#Removed simple UI material editor mode.
#Renamed 'Search' button to 'Search Mat DB'.
#Fixed exporting of invalid scene when texture was invalid for albedo. Just using SketchUp colour instead.

Download: http://downloads.indigorenderer.com/dis ... 6.21.3.rbz

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: SkIndigo 3.6.21.3 (beta)

Post by Pibuz » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:53 pm

OnoSendai wrote: #Reverted to original behavior (prior to 3.6.21) when a new material is created. All SketchUp and Indigo attributes are copied from the currently selected material to the new one
THAT'S AN ESSENTIAL! Thanks for taking it back (I fortunately didn't have the chance to spot the removal :D)!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:42 am

Pibuz wrote:
OnoSendai wrote: #Reverted to original behavior (prior to 3.6.21) when a new material is created. All SketchUp and Indigo attributes are copied from the currently selected material to the new one
THAT'S AN ESSENTIAL! Thanks for taking it back (I fortunately didn't have the chance to spot the removal :D)!
Vindicated!! :P

Thank you, Pibuz, Ono and I had a lot of discussion over that one...

Hey, be sure to try the new preview scenes, they rock! Thanks to Nick for putting those together. They seem WAY faster too...

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 pm

I spotted a new one yesterday: the exit portal property is not a mesh property anymore but it's been reverted to material property.

Since when? I have to admit I've been kind of dazzled by that :lol:

(I spotted this on version 3.6.21 I think..)

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:02 am

the exit portal property is not a mesh property anymore but it's been reverted to material property.
And thankfully so - painting a material onto a surface rather than mucking about with the component/grouping of a mesh and context clicking is so much quicker and more intuitive.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1