Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
solarray
1st Place Winner

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by solarray » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:06 am

Thanks for the "Reload Image" button in texture editor window!

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:38 am

Indigo crashes when I want to open the attached file.

cheers
Attachments
Fabric.igm
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:52 am

solarray wrote:Indigo crashes when I want to open the attached file.

cheers
Thanks, fixed for next release.
It will probably work if you change the texture path to something correct.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:53 am

Hi guys, sorry to bother: is there a way to control an emissive layer's power during the rendering? I've been able to find its color and stuff, but not to locate the emissive value..
The only field I located was the "emission scale" (power) of the background, and here I can set only units in nits or lux only, while in SkIndigo I could also set it to be candelas or lumens. Is that done with a precise intent or not?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Pibuz wrote:Hi guys, sorry to bother: is there a way to control an emissive layer's power during the rendering? I've been able to find its color and stuff, but not to locate the emissive value..
Hi Pibuz, don't be silly about bothering the guys, forums are for asking questions !

A light layer is only a collection of emitting materials, wich can have distinct emissive powers themselves. Having one parameter per layer would be equivalent to using one emissive material per layer, or several materials with the same emissive power. That would not be as versatile as a light layer is currently.

Do you think that you could suggest a feature, beyond your question ? Like, huh, having all of the emission scales within one layer in the layer editor, as if emissive materials were "sub-layers" ?
Pibuz wrote:The only field I located was the "emission scale" (power) of the background, and here I can set only units in nits or lux only, while in SkIndigo I could also set it to be candelas or lumens. Is that done with a precise intent or not?
Good question indeed. From my standing point this is a regression.

Note: Indigo allows the background material to belong to a given light layer, depending on how the feature was implemented in the exporter.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Sorry maybe I explained myself not so well..

By "emissive layer's power" I meant the properties of the specific materials themselves, as listed in the "scene" tab. There, I can actually select a spcific material that I set to be emissive, but I have no clue about how to adjust (if possible) its emitting scale (not the light layer, which would be as you said inclusive of several emitting objects), as I can do instead inside SkIndigo.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Pibuz wrote:Sorry maybe I explained myself not so well..

By "emissive layer's power" I meant the properties of the specific materials themselves, as listed in the "scene" tab. There, I can actually select a spcific material that I set to be emissive, but I have no clue about how to adjust (if possible) its emitting scale (not the light layer, which would be as you said inclusive of several emitting objects), as I can do instead inside SkIndigo.
Hi Pibuz, It's a property of the object the material is applied to. Try using the 'pick object' toolbar button.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Oohh! I seee! Good thanks!
..this was misleading since in SkIndigo it's more material than object related :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:32 am

I would not have imagined that you could have missed that feature Pibuz, sorry... it's in there for... years ?

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 06#p121306 <- most recently, you busy guy ;)

It's an object property because it can relate to the square surface of that object. All exporters are exposing it as a material property though.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:45 am

Actually it's been added relatively recently to the GUI.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:59 am

CTZn wrote:I would not have imagined that you could have missed that feature Pibuz, sorry... it's in there for... years ?

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 06#p121306 <- most recently, you busy guy ;)

It's an object property because it can relate to the square surface of that object. All exporters are exposing it as a material property though.
What about units like Lux, which are area-independent (i.e. it's a measure of lm / m2)? Would be nice to have all the light settings in one place (material). Was looking for this recently too :P

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:13 am

OnoSendai wrote:Actually it's been added relatively recently to the GUI.
True. I used the plural while I was thinking 1.2 years or so :D
Was looking for this recently too :P
Tu quoque Tom !? ;P

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:18 am

+1 for incorporating the emission settings into material somewhere.

on a side note, I noticed that the emission settings for environment maps are missing a couple of the options (you can only choose luminance and luminous emittance) while other emission settings include luminous flux and intensity. is there a reason for that?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:19 am

Already asked
Pibuz wrote:..The only field I located was the "emission scale" (power) of the background, and here I can set only units in nits or lux only, while in SkIndigo I could also set it to be candelas or lumens. Is that done with a precise intent or not?

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:25 am

ah yeah, didn't see that

93 posts