power pole/isolator

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
LithiumDesign

Re: power pole/isolator

Post by LithiumDesign » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:02 am

solarray wrote:Unfortunately not. I also had less luck with the feathers which I got over ebay. Then I found another website from an ornithologic guy. He send me some scans of feather sets of a sparrow, but the feathers are a bit broken, cant say how its going with them, I didn't tested it yet.

At the moment Im a bit busy with another project I started for competition on cgsociety http://challenge.cgsociety.org/ (mudbox, armed and dangerous) therefore it has a higher priority.
That's a shame, could you not model something else, like a pair of shoes tied together, or some sparks? 8)
That mudbox challenge looks interesting, wish I had the time for projects like that!! :(
Anyway, good luck!! :D
MaxigoUser - lithiumdesign.deviantart
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz | G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB 1600MHz | XFX HD5770

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm

You mean something like that: http://justinlawes.com/blog/?p=362 ?
Yeah why not, would be a nice idea too :) Anyway this project isn't dead, even if it looks like that, I will work on it as soon as the mudbox challenge is over. Its also not really sure if Im getting through of it. The idea for the challenge I have is quite gorgeous in my mind and also some things of it on paper but Im not yet into a mudbox flow.

cheers

LithiumDesign

Post by LithiumDesign » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 am

solarray wrote:You mean something like that: http://justinlawes.com/blog/?p=362 ?
Yeah why not, would be a nice idea too :) Anyway this project isn't dead, even if it looks like that, I will work on it as soon as the mudbox challenge is over. Its also not really sure if Im getting through of it. The idea for the challenge I have is quite gorgeous in my mind and also some things of it on paper but Im not yet into a mudbox flow.

cheers
Yes exactly that! :P maybe mix things up and put a pair of elegant shoes rather than old trainers? :lol: ah good, well I look forward to this being finished!! :D

pocky

Post by pocky » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:40 am

That's a shame, could you not model something else, like a pair of shoes tied together, or some sparks? 8)
a bolt of lightning might also be cool. I found this cool photo that has the most amazing colours in the sky (by Vadim Ponomarenko)
Though it might be a bit too far away for the power line etc. to come out properly :?:

dag

Post by dag » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 am

LithiumDesign

Post by LithiumDesign » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:41 am

Not fake... 8)

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:26 am

A little update to the metal mounting for the isolator. Not much, but something to stay updated:
powerpole22.jpg
Power pole
Unfortunately you cant really notice the weld part of the mounting (left image), maybe its also due to the monotonous rusted metal material over the whole model. I will change this in the future to get more contrast/focus on specific parts. On the next image you can see the weld part of the object within blender:
weld.jpg
Mounting with weld part
cheers

LithiumDesign

Post by LithiumDesign » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:28 am

solarray wrote:A little update to the metal mounting for the isolator. Not much, but something to stay updated:
powerpole22.jpg
Unfortunately you cant really notice the weld part of the mounting (left image), maybe its also due to the monotonous rusted metal material over the whole model. I will change this in the future to get more contrast/focus on specific parts. On the next image you can see the weld part of the object within blender:
weld.jpg
cheers
whoa whoa whoa :O That weld is insane :O the rust is very impressive indeed, maybe add some large rust patches, damage, bird poo? :)

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 am

LithiumDesign wrote: whoa whoa whoa :O That weld is insane :O the rust is very impressive indeed, maybe add some large rust patches, damage
confirmed
LithiumDesign wrote: bird poo? :)
Yeah, thats a good idea, thanks :)

FoXar

Post by FoXar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:21 am

solarray wrote:
LithiumDesign wrote: whoa whoa whoa :O That weld is insane :O the rust is very impressive indeed, maybe add some large rust patches, damage
confirmed
LithiumDesign wrote: bird poo? :)
Yeah, thats a good idea, thanks :)
Very nice modeling! Love the 'overkill' that goes into this!
Btw, when working on something I notice many times that nuts and bolt are usually dirtier and rustier than the rest ;)

Cheers,
Roo Evans
Cheers,
Roo Evans

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:25 am

Goil!
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks, guys. Next step was that I decided not to use the standard wood pole, which is actually quite common for telephone/telegraph poles. I tried one with a good texture, but somehow it didn't come very well in various camera settings. So I decided to use a metal pole, like it is used for contact wires for trains and trams. I think everyone knows this kind.This will put a lot more complexity and variation to the scene. I didnt tried any test renders yet but in the 3D view it looks great, which you can see in the next image. Another good point is that this pole fits very well for the idea putting a bird nest inside the beams.
pole_model.jpg
power pole model

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:53 am

Here the first success for a painted power pole metal:
PoleMetalPainted.jpg

LithiumDesign

Post by LithiumDesign » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:48 am

solarray wrote:Here the first success for a painted power pole metal:
PoleMetalPainted.jpg
HOLY MOLY :shock:

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 am

Here a step for the nest, which needs some content as well. Some house sparrow eggs.
house_sparrow_egg.jpg
House sparrow eggs

34 posts