Breaking Glass Simulation

Show off your final renders
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Sean Chen

Breaking Glass Simulation

Post by Sean Chen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 am

Here's a simple simulation of breaking glass made with C4D + NitroBlast plugin and rendered with Indigo.
In order not to render the black interactions, I move all the fragments edge along normal with a tiny amount.
I use After Effects to do some post fx like denoise and enhance motion blur.
c&c r welcome.
https://vimeo.com/46893280

Antonis777

Re: Breaking Glass Simulation

Post by Antonis777 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 am

Nice!!!!!!! Good job! One thing though: The wine in the last picture seems to be ''implemented'' with the glass parts, there's no liquid spread all over the floor... Am I wrong?

Sean Chen

Post by Sean Chen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Antonis777 wrote:Nice!!!!!!! Good job! One thing though: The wine in the last picture seems to be ''implemented'' with the glass parts, there's no liquid spread all over the floor... Am I wrong?
Yup, there is no any liquid at all. I just wanna try the NitroBlast plugin in Cinema 4D.
The Vimeo link is under below, you can check it out.
Maybe next time I will try liquid version. :wink:

ieatfish

Post by ieatfish » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 am

Pretty cool. The camera drops down, right? It might be good to have some point of reference. Once the glass shatters I got a bit lost in the motion.
Intel Core-i7 @ 4.0 GHz | GTX 580 | 12 GB RAM

lycium

Post by lycium » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 am

Very nice test! I think I see a bit of colour noise / dispersion in the glass, which would slow down the renders a lot compared to having that off (Cauchy b-value set to 0).

Sean Chen

Post by Sean Chen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 am

ieatfish wrote:Pretty cool. The camera drops down, right? It might be good to have some point of reference. Once the glass shatters I got a bit lost in the motion.
I did move the camera down, the motion blur is too much, right?
lycium wrote:Very nice test! I think I see a bit of colour noise / dispersion in the glass, which would slow down the renders a lot compared to having that off (Cauchy b-value set to 0).
Yes, but I like the effect of colorful refraction, it worth to take some time.

I have a question, why Indigo cannot render motion blur on the dynamics simulation objects?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 am

Sean Chen wrote:I have a question, why Indigo cannot render motion blur on the dynamics simulation objects?
At this point, keyframes in Indigo encode the rotations and translation of an object (or camera), nothing about individual vertices. In general, objects resulting from a dynamic simulation have a static center and moving (or even new) vertices.
obsolete asset

Sean Chen

Post by Sean Chen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:26 pm

CTZn wrote:At this point, keyframes in Indigo encode the rotations and translation of an object (or camera), nothing about individual vertices. In general, objects resulting from a dynamic simulation have a static center and moving (or even new) vertices.
Thanks CTZn, will this be solved in the future?

8 posts • Page 1 of 1