My past few years with indigo

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
gjengi

Re: My past few years with indigo

Post by gjengi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Soup wrote:Panels.jpg is seriously cool. Upload to the gallery! Maybe under 'interiors'
Thanks soup :) Would it not go under architecture though? :?:
Architect in training...
...almost done!

Soup

Post by Soup » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:17 am

Yeah that sounds better :]

dag

Post by dag » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:23 am

That wood looks a bit small. Maybe get it up a lil bit... scale up, upscale... the wood... up... you know..... the wood texture... yeah, definately.

gjengi

Post by gjengi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:29 am

dag wrote:That wood looks a bit small. Maybe get it up a lil bit... scale up, upscale... the wood... up... you know..... the wood texture... yeah, definately.
Hehe :lol:

It's supposed to be small, narrow planks - a bit like this house http://www.bda-bund.de/praemierte-archi ... toelz.html. But horizontal of course :)
If I could buy a big resolution image it'd probs be improved, but hey ho.

maybe, once my uni project is finished i can do more of an indigo style level of detail on it - at this rate the tutors will not even notice that kindof stuff. hehe :roll: :)
Architect in training...
...almost done!

gjengi

Post by gjengi » Thu May 10, 2012 8:15 am

Just thought I put up some works in progress of the my work for my final student architectural project (which makes up 55% of my degree! eek!)

They're nowhere near finished, as I've got to do loads of work on the furniture and surrounding context - trees, buildings, etc. (including getting some better textures and environment maps hopefully).

The building design is not complete yet either, and looks like a huge beast at the moment (!) but I'll refine it in the next few weeks. It's a photography institute by the way :-) The external facade is loadbearing and suspended from the top, which is why most of the black steel 'fins' are bigger at the top of the building than at the bottom as the loads are greater there.

Any tips welcome :-)
00_Up_02.jpg
Looking up!
02_Reception.jpg
Reception space (and underside of auditorium
01_Cafe.jpg
Cafe
08_TopGallery_200.jpg
Top Gallery
Architect in training...
...almost done!

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu May 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I would go for some Glass Handrail yours remind me of my time back in school ^^

Maybe you can find some inspiration from (modern) museums, how to bring space to life and create interesting but accessible spaces. Prefer Glass over concrete walls to get open and airy feeling, also inside the building area (=> cafe).

Some decorative construction elements like a big natural stone walls can create a nice an warm contrast to the cold strukture.

Also think early if plants can be integrated into the construction concept, also the light concept is mui importante!
polygonmanufaktur.de

gjengi

Post by gjengi » Thu May 10, 2012 10:21 pm

Zom-B wrote:I would go for some Glass Handrail yours remind me of my time back in school ^^

Maybe you can find some inspiration from (modern) museums, how to bring space to life and create interesting but accessible spaces. Prefer Glass over concrete walls to get open and airy feeling, also inside the building area (=> cafe).

Some decorative construction elements like a big natural stone walls can create a nice an warm contrast to the cold strukture.

Also think early if plants can be integrated into the construction concept, also the light concept is mui importante!
Thanks for your tips.

The concrete walls are structurally key so I can't really change them! The warmth of the building is going to come from the furniture and key spaces (which I haven't shown in the renders above) so I can appreciate that is looks cold right now! The idea is that the building is largely monochrome, so that the photography on display has space to shine, and the building itself will not compete with that.

I know what you mean about a glass handrail - I'm planning on having them elsewhere in the building :-)

Any modelling tips?
Architect in training...
...almost done!

triplej28

Post by triplej28 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 am

Awesome to see people using indigo for uni work.. everyone at my school is stuck on Revit's built in mental ray renders, which is just pure cringe every time i look at them.

I like your facade... reminds me of a building i saw in Australia 8)

Hope you are not too far away from you degree.

23 posts