Problem with grass.

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
yamh

Problem with grass.

Post by yamh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:02 am

hi guys im new using indigo ..so im trying to do some realistic grass...but i cant... i downloaded from the database the grass material : this are my settings

bump:::External:::::0.03
displacement:::external:::::0.12

here is the result Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the grass area size is : 3 meter x 3.5 meters ..in case it matters...sorry for my english by the way!!

Borgleader

Re: Problem with grass.

Post by Borgleader » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:18 am

There is more than one grass material in the databse would you be so kind as to link us to which one you used? Also, what does your mesh/uvs look like?
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

yamh

Post by yamh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:39 am

the number 4 in the vegetation database....

yamh

Post by yamh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:40 am

and mesh and uvs???? i dont know anything about that

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 am

yamh wrote:hi guys im new using indigo ..so im trying to do some realistic grass...but i cant... i downloaded from the database the grass material : this are my settings

bump:::External:::::0.03
displacement:::external:::::0.12

here is the result Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the grass area size is : 3 meter x 3.5 meters ..in case it matters...sorry for my english by the way!!

That looks like just a flat texture on a flat plane given a bump map - hence the 'wavelike' quality to it.

If you're using sketchup a much better way to create realistic grass is to download the fur plugin from Sketchucation, then apply one of the grass textures from the Indigo website to a flat plane. Trim the plane to suit the grass size, make it a component and then use the mesh plugin to scatter the component around where you want your grass. Voila, better grass :) see below link:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... start=2625

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:47 am

Given the technique you wanted to use, yamh, the mesh should be given more subdivisions in order to reflect the texture features.

Right-click on the plane, SkIndigo > Edit Object then in the popping window set Max Subdivisions a little higher. Beware, do not use values above 3 if you are not sure what you are doing since each level multiplies the RAM consumption for meshes by 4.
obsolete asset

6 posts • Page 1 of 1